2

Lauren smiled shyly as Miss Cabello urgently ushered her inside her car, rubbing the sides of Lauren's arms to warm her up.

"Why the hell were you walking in a storm Lauren? Do you not have a car?"

Lauren shook her head, unsure as to why Camila cared that she was outside alone in the rain. Any other teacher would have drove past without a second glance, probably splashing Lauren on the way as they did so.

"I was at a friends house." Lauren mumbled, her teeth slightly chattering from the coldness of the rain.
She couldn't help but stare in aw at Miss Cabello's outfit, her jaw dropping several metres in the process.

She wore a pair of black leggings with a long navy coat, her face bare, her hair tied into a high pony.

She almost seemed...beautiful?

Her trance was broken when a warm hand was placed on the outer side of her thigh, another hand being waved frantically in front of her face.
"Lauren...earth to Lauren."
Lauren looked up from her lap and smiled apologetically, a faint blush appearing on her porcelain cheeks.

"Where do you live Lauren? I'll drive you home."
Lauren nodded.
"Um...it's 36 crescent road; the new block of apartments, if you know where that is."

Camila froze for a second, wondering if she had heard Lauren correctly.
"The apartments by the beach?"
Lauren nodded, raising her brow at the suddenly nervous Miss Cabello.

"Oh..." Miss Cabello paused, biting her lip. "That's um.... that's where I live."
Lauren froze, staring up at her teacher with wide eyes.
"WHAT! WHEN?"
"Last week." Miss Cabello admitted, looking everywhere but Lauren's eyes. "I didn't think students lived by the beach. It's pretty far away from school."

"Oh."

It was silent for a moment, the only sound coming from the slight crackle of Camila's radio.
She cleared her throat, suddenly feeling nauseous that she'd be living in the same apartment complex as one of her students. Not just one of her students, Lauren.

"We should get you home."
Camila drove in silence, unsure of what to say. It wouldn't be awkward to live in the same complex as Lauren, would it?

Camila pulled up into the underground car park, putting the car in park. She grabbed her bags of shopping that she had bought earlier on before bumping into Lauren and led the green-eyed girl up the stairs into the lobby, suddenly feeling a strong wave of nervousness.
She pressed the elevator button and filed inside, trying her hardest not to stare into Lauren's captivating emerald eyes.

The lift stopped off at floor three.

"Well, this is me." Camila nodded to the third floor, showing Lauren this is where she'd need to get off. Lauren swallowed nervously and mustered a smile.
"Actually, this is me too."

Camila couldn't believe her ears. She was living in the same apartment complex as one of her English students, and now the same floor. And she'd never noticed?!

"Oh."

Lauren was the first to lead this time, strolling awkwardly into the thin hallway that would lead her to her apartment that she shared with her mother, (her siblings living on the other side of town with her father after their parents' split).

The two girls found themselves walking side by side down the thin halls, either of them too scared to say a word.
After what felt like hours, they reached the end of the hall that held only two doors, both opposite each other. The two girls turned to each other with wide eyes. Camila audibly gulped.
"I hope this doesn't become inconvenient Lauren." Miss Cabello said, returning to her professional tone that all the while enticed Lauren.