3

The next day was a Saturday and Lauren sat at the breakfast table with her mother, ten minutes after Normani and Ally had left.
She stared out of the large glass windows into the sunny distance, her eyes following the morning traffic that seemed to flow down the beach front.

She couldn't help but let her mind wonder to Miss Cabello as she stared out into the blue skies. Her brown cocoa eyes, her long slender legs, her wide plump lips.

Snap out of it Lauren. Camila is your teacher.

"So mom," Lauren tried to begin a conversation, anything to get her mind off of a certain brown-eyed woman.

"How's Taylor and Dad? Chris? I haven't heard from them in a few days."
Clara nodded, forcing a smile. "Vacation dear. They're in Hawaii."
Lauren's heart dropped, plummeting to the floor.
Her Dad and siblings on a family vacation? Without her?

"That's great." She forced a smile, trying to get her mind to stop going through all the possible reasons why she hadn't been invited.
Money problems? School work?
They didn't love her...

Lauren leapt up from her chair, suddenly wanting a slight distraction from everything around her. "I'm going to go on a run now. I'll talk to you later mom!"
She quickly changed into some gym clothes and then grabbed her keys, stepping outside into the hallway.
Much to Lauren's surprise and dismay, Miss Cabello was also exiting from her apartment. Lauren could have sworn she'd seen the girls' eyes wander slightly along her body.
That was stupid to think. It must have just been Lauren's imagination. Yes, her imagination.

"Camila." She smiled at the older girl. "Long time no see."
Camila chuckled, slightly rolling her eyes. "Can you tell your Mom that we can make it Lauren? I couldn't really turn down the opportunity being as that would be rude. I hope you're not mad."

Lauren tucked a loose strand of hair behind her left ear, extremely confused at what the hell Camila was talking about.
"Camila. What the hell are you on about?"
Now it was the brown eyed girls' turn to become confused.
"The dinner...tonight. The one your mom invited Michael and I too. She's very welcoming and sweet, I couldn't decline."
Lauren gasped. "My mom invited you over to dinner!?"
Camila nodded.
"Tonight?"
She nodded again.
Lauren sighed, realising her mom could be almost too friendly sometimes. She still loved her dearly though. Her mother was her best friend.

Disregarding all the older girls' questions, Lauren slightly waved to the older girl and then ran out of the apartment complex, leaving the brown-eyed girl to bite her bottom lip longingly.

              **********************

Lauren ran across the pavement by the beach front, the sky a turquoise blue and the sea a green-y grey.
Her playlist of The 1975 and The Fray played as she ran back and forth, returning to her apartment when her legs were too physically tired to move.

She quickly ate lunch, showered, and then dressed into a pair of high-waisted grey jeans and a long-sleeved black top. She was hoping this dinner with Camila and Michael wouldn't be awkward. It would be hard though. Camila was Lauren's English teacher, Lauren was her student. Michael was Camila's boyfriend whilst Lauren was still confused as to why she felt so jealous when she saw them together... And then there was Lauren's mom who was oblivious to absolutely everything.

Yeah. She guessed it would be awkward.

Seven pm came around and Lauren heard a small knock on the door, chuckling slightly as she watched her mother frantically setting the table.

"Lauren. Get the door!" She hissed, plonking a set of knives and forks down onto the table.
Lauren opened the door and was met with a smiling Miss Cabello. Lauren's heart melted at the sight, but soon turned to ice when she saw Michael staring at her with a scowl. She forced a smile. "Camila." An even bigger forced smiled. "Michael."
Lauren gestured for them to enter, glaring subtly as they walked in hand in hand.
Lauren hated the sight.
"Camila, Michael." Miss Jauregui beamed. "Have a seat."