Sometimes you got no control of where you go

A/N: Yeah. I started new one... Had had this in mind since I completed 'White Noise' and the plotbunnies were going crazy. Needed to write down this first chapter before I continue with 'Nobody Can Save Me'. I have written stories set on 1999 (or before that actually), 2008, 2013 and 2017. Now we go again back in time. I mix some facts up and there are no wives/girlfriends nor children involved. This is supposed to be lighter, but I sure love my drama. And sex. Lol. Aaaaanyhown, enjoy...

"So when does this happen?", Joe sat on the couch they had bought together with the little money they had.

"He said he would be here in few hours. Guess that can be anything from two hours to six or so?", Brad shrugged shoving a piece of bread to his mouth.

Rob yawned sitting next to Dave with his magazine. "So now we just wait."

"How do you even know this guy? So weird that you are willing to let someone in here... to our house", Joe rolled his eyes. He couldn't believe they were doing this but if Brad felt the guy was worth the trust then he was and he wouldn't second guess it.

"We went school together. He was my best friend back then. He is good guy. Weird, artistic and grumpy, but good", Brad answered.

"Sure he is. You're just being an ass", Chester laughed and threw a crumbled piece of paper towards Joe.

They had rented a nice house with three bedrooms, living room, nice kitchen and big garage. It was just convenient since three of them needed a home same time, and this was way cheaper than seeking of their own apartments. Then later Rob and Dave joined in and it was even more easy to pay rent. Together they had even painted some rooms and fixed small things to make the living more comfortable.

The house wasn't new but it was well taken care of. From outside it was the same grey color as the rest on the same street with a black roof. Inside they had painted one living room wall red just for fun. Good sound system was important since someone was always listening to music but they couldn't afford new ones. Second hand had been good cheap choice and since it worked well none of them complained. Then they got the couch and few arm chairs also second hand.

The garage didn't have cars in it. There they had musical instruments and tried to practice some songs when they didn't have work or school stuff. It was fun but they had different opinions would the music take them somewhere or not. The lack of time was the biggest issue and then the writing. Brad wrote nice songs and Chester tried but the other three didn't really participate in that, and it showed.

And now this new guy was stepping in. Brad was only one who knew him and the rest of them were unsure about the situation. Joe trusted Brad and if Brad trusted this new one then so be it. Rob didn't care, he had other stuff to think about. Dave worked so much he was barely at home, but it was 'fine' for him. He had even said: "As long as the dude doesn't sleep in my bed when I get home and doesn't eat my lunch he can stay." And Chester... He was bored and really just glad there was a new person he could get to know. Getting know someone from the start was the most fun thing he could think now. There were so many years to catch up.