Remove the broken parts you know were wrong

A/N: I am so sorry this took me so long to write :( Stuff happened and the writer's block was hard to get past this time. But, finally, I am here. I think my next one to write is 'Shadow Of The Day'.

Enjoy!

-------

"Hey", Mike said, as he woke up to Chester digging up stuff from under his bed.

The other glanced over his shoulder and nodded slightly and got back to his task. Mike watched as things flew from under the bed. Shirt, another shirt, few CDs, underwear, again a shirt and a notebook.

"You didn't come home... well in a few days", Mike mumbled and propped himself on his elbows.

Chester had been away for days. It had been almost a week when Mike had last time saw him. He was hurt beyond his liking and the other now ignoring him was just making it worse. And he knew it was only his fault. Chester didn't owe him anything. They weren't a couple and his actions were what caused the whole mess. So to him, the fact that he was suffering was just the right thing. Even if he hated it and wanted Chester to forgive him.

"Chester", he started.

"No. I am just...", the other shook his head and waved his hand in the air. Next, he went flat on his stomach trying to reach to something in the far end under the bed, "...trying to find the fucking shirt."

Mike pushed himself to sit up and sighed heavily. He knew that it was literally just trying. There was no guarantee that Chester would actually listen to him. Or understand.

"Can we talk?"

"No", the other huffed digging more stuff and tossing them to the growing pile.

"Chester you can't run forever", Mike mumbled.

"I'm still mad so let it go."

"I get it. It's my fault, I know. But could we like... try to get over it", the other tried again.

Chester paused for a second and glanced over his shoulder but shook then his head.

"Please."

"Fuck. Fine!" Chester exclaimed and crawled next to Mike on the mattress. "Be quick then."

"Well, I don't think there is a quicker way to say this. I like you. And I hate that I hurt you and I don't want to do it again. I don't know what would it require for me to get you to really forgive me. Like really, honestly. So that we are not in this situation again after some time. But I need you to give me something so I can work with it. That 'I need time' I do get, but it's not something that helps me", Mike explained.

The other stared at him just trying to figure out what to say. It was almost what he had wanted to hear. But, he was still scared. And horribly mad at himself.

"I don't know what to say. I know I told you I need time, but... maybe that isn't the fix", Chester finally opened his mouth.

"Okay, that's... I mean it's good if you want us to work it. But not if that means you want to give up. So uhm..."

"You said you like me?"

"Yeah", Mike nodded smiling ridiculously. Now when it was on the table it was easier to repeat. "Really much. And I would like to spend time with you like we used to before this mess. If you would like too. I am sorry, that I didn't say anything. Or rather that I assumed you wouldn't want to spend that time with me. I really am."