Chapter 24- Taking Sides

~Play song if it stops replay it~

I sat on Gene's black bed tears streaming down my face.

"Hey it'll be ok." He says rubbing circles in my back.

"No it won't! It doesn't help that my brother is going to ask thousands of questions tomorrow! Anywhere I go people are going to ask questions!" Just as I say that Dante walks in.

"Hey Gene! Hey Y/N? Are you ok? Why are you crying?" He asks. He runs and crouches in front of me.

"See this is what I mean! I need to get home. My mom is probably wondering where I am." I stand up, grab my things, and run out of the house.

I run down the road to the park. I  look around and see Laurence and Aphmau. That stings. I quickly run by them keeping my head down. I run out of the park down the street. I see the Jeep parked in our driveway and I run in.

"Y/N! Thank Irene your ok! The Jeep broke down and you didn't answer your phone!" My mom yells running and giving me a hug.

"I'm fine. My phone just died."

"Are you sure?"

I put on a fake smile. "Yes I'm fine! I just had a long day at work! I'm gonna go upstairs!"

"Ok! Oh just know I need to talk to you later!"

"Ok!"

I run up to my room. As soon as I walk in Travis walks in behind me. "Hey sis!"

"Go away Travis I'm not in the mood for your stupidity."

"Ouch! What happened? Why where you with Gene?"

"Just when I thought I could escape all the questions." I mumble.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. I was hanging out with a friend that's all."

"Gene a friend? He's only 'friends' with someone he wants to use and the SKs."

"Well he's my friend! He might even be more than that! Here's the funny thing though! You saw me at Starbucks! You knew how much it hurts me when it comes to Laurence! But when I left you didn't follow me! You didn't even ask if I was ok! You just sat with your stupid buddies and did nothing! And when I break down in the park no one was there! But guess who sat down to help the orphan? Gene! The one you say is the 'Big Bad Wolf'! Maybe you should get your facts straight about shit before you come accusing me of hanging out with 'bullies'! So back the fuck off!" I yell. I look into his eyes and see hurt.

"Y/N what happened to you?"

"I grew to be a person that doesn't rely on others shit!"

"What ever."

"Bye." I close my door. I flop on my bed. I plug my phone in by my bed and sit and cry in the corner. My phone turns on and I see I have thirty seven missed calls and thirteen texts. I look at who all called me. Two calls from Travis, five calls from Laurence, and the rest from mom.

I look and have texts from the group chat.

T=Travis L=Laurence G=Garroth D=Dante A=Aphmau K=Katelyn N=Nichole C=Cadenza Y=Y/N

L- Has anyone seen Y/N?

D- She was at my place a bit ago

A- Why? What happened?

L- I see you Aph I'll tell you

D- Just heard what happened from Gene I feel bad

T- What do you mean what happened to Y/N?