2

She slapped me and grabbed my hoodie. She pushed me into the locker and got close to my face.

"Don't make a mistake like that again." She said angrily.

She pushed me and walked off with her minions following. I grabbed my stuff out of my locker and headed home. I live about hour walk from the school. I can't afford a car so I walk. Sure it's long but I get to process my day and get ready for when I get home.

I kicked a pebble around on the cement. This was always the boring part though. I mean I could look at the things around me, but I see them every day except on the weekends. Nothing much changes around here. It's always the same. House after house. Rows of white fences, perfect lawns. My house use to look like that, not any more.

Little kids running around playing tag with each other, the mother telling them to get into the house and do homework. That's how it use to be with me. I use to be so happy... I would run around playing. My parents would laugh. It use to be so happy.

A girl that lived near me came running out. She ran up to me and hugged my legs. I let out a quiet laugh as she giggled.

"Bai guess what?"

I bent down to her level so I could whisper so only she could hear.

"What?" I asked.

She giggled and ran around. She jumped on my back and I gave her a piggyback ride.

"My mommy is happy again! She found a hubby a couple days ago, after my daddy left us of course."

See her father left her when she was 3. She didn't know much about him, just the fact that he got divorced, which made her mom sad but now she found someone else and is happy. I've known Nala ever since she was born.

"And he's a good guy! I call him Mr. Postman. He does mail for my friends town."

I nodded and messed up her hair. She giggled and hugged me. The door opened and her mom came out.

"Nal-, oh hey Bailey! Come on Nala! We gotta get ready! Sam's coming over for dinner."

She excitedly jumped off me and looked at me with happy eyes. I use to look like that. Not anymore and probably never again.

"Yay! Mr. Postman is coming!" She yelled running inside.

"Take care Bailey."

I nodded and started walking away. I was almost to my house. Just one more block until my torture. My pace slowed and I walked as slow as possible. I kept my head down, every once in a while I would look up and stare at my house.

My eyes didn't leave my house. Any normal person would stare at my house in awe, but for me it's pure terror. My pace went even slower. I always hated this part. Walking into my house. You'd think I would love going home after school. Relax on the couch. Eat some food. No. Let me explain how my life goes, nah let just live it through my eyes.... ready...

I stepped on my doorstep and the door swung open. A hand grabbed me and pulled me inside. I was thrown against the wall. Never lifting my head already knowing who it was.

"Where the fuck were you. What took you so long you whore?" He gritted out.

His grip on my shoulder tightening. I bit the inside of my cheek to make the pain subside. He growled and slapped me. My head whipped to the side.

He punched me in the stomach causing a burst of air flood from between my lips. He chuckled an evil laugh. He began punching and kicking me over and over. I just took it. Nothing I can really do. Not like I have the power to fight him back. This is a never ending one-sided battle. Trust me, I've tried to run away multiple times, but every time he seems to find me.

"Are you even listening to me you bag of shit?!?" My father yelled.

He slapped me so hard that I fell to the ground. Then he pulled me back up by my hair.

"Go make me some food, and go up to your room. I don't want to see your filthy ass in my sight for the rest of tonight."

I nodded and quickly made my way to the kitchen. I scavenged up as much food as I could find and made him his meal. I then made my way up to my room and straight to the mirror. I gently slip off my hoodie and assess the damage done to me.

Many scars from years of this. Every bruise from weeks prior to today. Many cuts that have been sewed by hand. Fantastic.

Now you know my story. The reason I don't talk. The reason I wear a hood. The reason I don't like when people touch me. It all just puts me back to my fucked up life.

*Edited*