25

Bailey's P.O.V.

I was locked up in Jax's room. It has been quite a while since what happened, happened. To say it scared the shit out of me would be a complete understatement. It felt like I was back at home with my father. That he had grabbed my arm out of hatred towards me. I really don't want to leave this room but I know that sooner or later I am going to need to.

It just reminded me of what I had went through with my dad. The constant abuse. I closed up. It's how I handle things. If there is no one there to ask questions, it didn't happen. I glanced at the clock on the night stand. It was already 1 pm. I had been in here since 7 this morning.

My arm was hurting pretty badly. But I've dealt with worse pain than that. That was nothing compared to my fathers hits. Just the thought makes my body ache. I rolled up my sleeve seeing the dark bruise that had formed. I shook my head and pulled my sleeve back down.

I walked over to the door. I gently opened it. I went to walk out but tripped over someone's body. I almost fell to the ground but I was caught in their arms. I looked over at them and saw that it was Jax. He looked half asleep but was surprised to see me. He pulled me to his chest. I snuggled into his body. I missed it if I am being honest.

He was playing with my hair. We were still sitting on the ground. I went to get up but he picked me up and walked into his room. He sat on the bed with me still in his lap.

"Please don't shut me out like that again baby girl." He whispered.

We sat there for a little bit. Him just playing with my hair. I rubbed my arm feeling the pain come back. He grabbed my arm and lifted up my sleeve. His eyes widened at the sight of the bruise. I stared at my lap ashamed.

"I'm going to kill that bastard!" Jax growled.

I gently grabbed his arm. His whole frame went to ease. He pulled me into his chest again and picked me up. He carried me with him downstairs. He set me on the counter and was looking through the freezer. There were some footsteps entering the kitchen. I looked up and saw the shocked eyes of everyone once they saw my bruise.

I went to pull down my sleeve but Jax's hand beat me to it. He pushed my hand away and put the ice pack on.

"Let them see what Kev can do. Maybe they will want him out too." Jax said.

"I really am sorry!" Kev said from the other room.

He was probably to scared to come in. I don't blame him. Jax is scary when he's angry.

"Get your ass in here Kevin." Jax yelled.

There was a sigh and hesitant footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I went to roll down my sleeve again but Jax stopped me. He pointed at the spot in front of him, telling Kev he needed to stand there.

"Bailey I really am sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Something just took over me and well. Yeah." He said staring at his shoes.

I nodded and went to pull my sleeve down again. Jax grabbed my arm and took off the ice pack. He slapped Kev's arm and made him look.

"Holy shit. I did that?" Kev asked shocked.

"Yeah, you really don't know your own strength." I said jokingly.

Nobody took it jokingly though. I let out a sigh. Kev was staring at my arm. Shock and regret passed through his eyes. I just stared at my lap.

"How did you not react at all? I mean, I would have said or done something if someone did that to me." Kev said confused.

"I've had practice." I mumbled.

"What is that suppose to mean?"Jax asked.

"Nothing."

Jax let it be for now. But I know that he was going to ask me about it later. I just need to make up a solid story before he has the chance to.

I jumped off the counter and grabbed something to eat out of the fridge. Everyone followed me to the couches. I sat next to Jax, but he pulled me onto his lap. His head was resting in between my shoulder and cheek. I let out a giggle when he kissed my neck.

He smirked and laid us down. His arms wrapped around me as someone started a new movie. I was slowly eating my stuff trying not to get it everywhere. Once I finished I set it on the coffee table and leaned into Jax. His hand was stroking my hair.

He really knows how to make me really tired. He chuckled when he saw my eyes having trouble staying up. He kissed my temple letting his lips linger a little longer.

"Just sleep baby girl." He whispered.

I nodded and snuggled into his chest. He chuckled and tightened his hold around me. My eyes drooped and I fell into darkness.