37

Jax's P.O.V.

I was shaken awake by my mother. She had a very happy look on her face. I looked around confused. I was glad I listened to my mother. I really needed to eat, shower, and nap.

"Come on baby! We have to go!" She said happily.

"Why?"

"They have a lead on where she might be."

I jumped out of bed and quickly ran to my closet. I grabbed some random clothes and put them on. My mom was standing there holding my phone. I quickly grabbed it from her and we walked outside. Duke ran with us. I could tell he knew somewhat what was happening by the way he was excited.

He jumped in the back while my mom and I sat in the front. She drove as fast as she could to the police station. On the way there I texted the guys what was happening. They all said that they would met us there.

As my mother pulled in there were a bunch of police men standing by their cars waiting to be told what to do. The guys pulled up next to our car.

"What's happening?" Danny asked.

"They are being told where they think she is being held." My mom said.

I was trying to listen to everything they were saying. I couldn't hear much just a little murmur of the main guy.

"Let's go!" He yelled.

Everyone scattered and got into their cars. I quickly got back into ours and my mom took off driving again. The guys followed behind us. At the speed we were going, we got there within 5 minutes. It was an old run down warehouse. It looked as if it might fall apart at any moment. The police men got out of their cars and 2 walked up to the door. They knocked and waited for a response. Nothing came.

Suddenly the doors exploded and the warehouse was on fire. The police men were calling in for the fire department. I ran up to the door trying to get in but they held me back.

"Kid it's unsafe, you can't go in."

"I don't care! She's in there, we need to help her!" I said.

They still didn't let me go in. I needed my baby girl. She was in trouble and things were only getting worse. I pushed past the men and ran into the building. I heard my mom scream at me not to but I did anyways.

I began to yell out for her. She had to be in here somewhere. She just had to. I looked in every room that I saw. Suddenly I heard screaming coming from downstairs. I knew it was my baby girl. I quickly ran towards her. I was met with a metal door. I opened it as quickly as I could and ran down the stairs. What I had seen will haunt me forever.

Her father was hovering over her. His pants at his ankles, and my baby girl naked. I pulled him off of her and began to beat him senseless. I laid punch after punch into his disgusting body. I let all of my anger towards him out. I knocked him out cold. As soon as he passed out I got up and went over to my baby girl. She was staring at the wall. Tears pouring down her face.

I felt tears begin to reach my eyes. I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her body. She didn't move an inch.

"Baby girl. Hey, it's me. Don't worry I've got you." I whispered sweet nothings in her ear.

I felt her body ease into my touch. I gently picked her up and walked up the stairs. She was snuggled into my chest. The warehouse was still on fire. Smoke began to fill my lungs. I couldn't help but cough. I quickly made my way towards the door. But the ceiling fell down right in front of us. I walked around the house trying to find another door that lead outside.

There was a back door. I could hear the rafters breaking. I quickly ran outside, as soon as we got out the whole building collapsed. I began to cough again. My baby girl was also coughing. I carried her around the burning rubble and towards the police men. There was an ambulance there.

My mother was staring at the house in horror. Tears were streaming down her face along with all of our friends. I coughed again and again. I made my way over. Danny met eyes with me and he screamed and ran over by us. Everyone looked at him as if he was a maniac. As soon as they saw us they all began to run towards us.

The paramedics came over and made everyone back away from us. They brought us to the back of the ambulance. I was given a oxygen mask and they checked Bailey. She wouldn't let go of my hand so they allowed me to stay while they fixed her up. We were driven to the hospital.

Everyone followed us in their cars. They took Bailey into surgery and I was taken to a recovery room. My lungs had filled with so much smoke that they said I needed to rest for a while.

---------------------

After I was cleared we all sat in the waiting room waiting for Bailey to get out of surgery. She looked really bad when I found her. Cuts all over her body, many that needed stiches. She also had a billion bruises scattering her perfect skin.

The doctor came out holding his clipboard. He had a distressed look on his face.

"Bailey Washington" He said.

All of us got up and walked over to him. He sighed and looked at his clipboard.

"She made it, but she has many, many broken bones, she has a concussion, cuts all along her body, she has some damage in her lower regions, and she has sever bruising everywhere on her body. It is very surprising that she made it out of this alive." He said.

I let out a sigh of relief. My baby girl was going to be ok.