38

Jax's P.O.V.

She has been in the hospital for a while now. We haven't been able to enter her room yet. They said that she has been resting. I have been pacing throughout the whole waiting room. Everyone else was sleeping besides my mom. Every now and then she went out and let Duke go for a walk.

I hated having to wait so long. I wish I could just go in there and see my baby girl. I need to see with my own eyes that she is ok. I need to hold her and let her tell me she's ok. In my terms, she isn't ok until I have heard her say it.

I walked up to the desk again. The lady behind it sighed and rolled her eyes at me. This is probably the 10th time in less than an hour that I have checked.

"Baile-" I began to say.

"Bailey Washington. Ya ya I know. Alright, how about this sir. I will let you know when I get any news about her. Ok?" She asked.

"Ok! Thank you." I said and walked back to the waiting room.

My mom walked up to me. She gave me a sad smile and gave me a hug. I held her close to me. She sighed and rubbed my back.

"How about you come and see Duke. I'm sure it would calm you and he would be very happy to see you." She said.

"I don't know mom. What if she wakes up while we are out there?"

"Then the lady will let us know when we get back in."

I nodded agreeing to my mom's suggestion. We walked out and to the car. Duke was sitting on the seat starring out the window. It was probably a good thing that it was colder out. If it were hot it wouldn't have been good for him to stay in the car.

I opened the door and let him out. His tail was wagging and he licked me all over. I sat on the curb and he came up to me. He starred into my eyes. This dog's eyes were so cool. Nothing compared to my baby girl's eyes, but they were still pretty cool.

We stayed out there for a little while longer. I felt bad to have him cooped up in the car though. Once he was in the car we walked back in. The lady at the front desk looked at me with a smirk.

"Bailey Washington woke up just a minute ago. She is in room 304. It's on the 3rd floor." She said.

I thanked her and we woke everyone up. I pushed them into the elevator. They were all half awake. I was ecstatic. I was finally gonna see my baby girl! It feels like it's been since forever. Once the doors opened I quickly went throughout the hall looking for her room.

360.... 350...... 340.............................325.........................306. 305. 304!

I knocked on the door and walked in. She was laying on the bed, there were wires everywhere. She looked up at me and smiled. I missed that smile. I quickly walked over to her. She tried to scoot over on the bed but I stopped her.

"Baby girl." I said standing next to her holding her hand.

"Jax." She said happily.

I sat on her bed gently and made sure not to sit on her. She was tracing patterns on my hand with her thumb. I was staring at her beauty. Even with her new bruises and cuts she looked beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked up and locked eyes with me. Those beautiful eyes.

"Thank you." She said.

"For what?"

"For saving me, again. God knows where the hell I would have been if you hadn't have been there, if you hadn't have been brave enough to run in and get me." Her eyes were tearing up.

"Baby girl, I would have swapped places with you in a heartbeat. I wish I was the one who had to have whatever happened to you, happen to me instead. I brought you to my house so I could protect you from your father, clearly that didn't work." I said with my eyes getting glossy.

"None of this is your fault Jax. If my father hadn't have been such an idiot, then none of this would have happened."

I nodded and brought her hand up to my lips and kissing it. She sat up carefully and looked at me with a smile. I smiled back at her. She grabbed the sides of my face and leaned in. I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. She immediately began kissing me. I smiled into the kiss.

I carefully laid her back and hovered over her. She laced her fingers through the hair on the back of my head. I groaned at the feeling. I loved it. Just like I love her.

The door suddenly swung open. Everyone came in but I didn't break my kiss with Bailey. I have been away from her lips for to long.

She slightly pulled away making me frown. She giggled at my pouty face and pecked my lips. I laid next to her on the bed. Everyone surrounded her.

I never once took my eyes off my baby girl the whole time. Her beauty shown throughout the room I felt every inch of my heart gain back the piece it lost the day I thought I would never see her again.

She looked at me with a smile. I gave her one right back. She leaned down and kissed me.

"I love you Jax."

"I love you Bailey."