17

Jax's P.O.V.

We all entered her room. I even brought Max with us so he wasn't alone again. I glanced in her room and saw her hooded frame causing a smile to make it's way to my face. I knocked on the door and waited for her to let us in. Her hold moved up as she glanced up and waved us in. I was holding Max in my left arm as I opened the door. I could feel the curiosity pouring off of her.

"Bailey this is Max, his mom is in the hospital and didn't have anyone else with him so he's hanging out with us." I said looking down at the small boy in my arms.

I set Max down and he walked over to Bailey. She pulled her hoodie a little lower so he couldn't see her. He stared at her with the biggest smile in the world. He gently grabbed her hand and she surprisingly didn't flinch. He ran his fingers along her smooth baby like skin.

"You are beautiful, I don't know why you hide under that hood of yours. Let your true self shine. Instead of keeping quiet, let your voice sing proud." He said staring up at her.

What the hell. He is like 6 and he already figured all of this out. He can't even see her face. I could tell Bailey was beyond confused but she scooted over in the bed and let Max lay up there with her. Little butt, that was suppose to be my spot. Damn I really need to stop bringing things to her. They always end up with her instead of me.

I sat at the end of her bed and rested my hand on her thigh. She looked down at my hand and followed it up my body. Once she reached my eyes she stared deeply into them. I could feel all of her pain that she was trying so despretly to hid from us. I could feel how lost she was. How she felt like it was her fault. I could see how much she had been through.

"Baby girl." I said.

She just kept staring at me. I saw a light of something go through her dull eyes. I scooted closer to her. She didn't take her eyes off of me. I gently grabed her arm. She didn't flinch. A smile made its way to my face.

"Know what, we'll check up on you later. Come on Max." Kev said motioning him to go with them.

I waited until all of them left. I love Kev for that, he always knows what to do and when to do it. I brought my hand up to her face. She had a weary look go across her face. I slowly moved my hand closer and cupped her cheek. She leaned into my palm. The smile on my face got even bigger. She had finally somewhat trust me.

"Baby girl. Can I lay next to you?" I asked causiously.

She nodded. I slowly made my way beside her. She lifted the blanket for me and I went under them and scooted closer to her.

"Would it be okay if I wrapped my arms around you?"

She nodded again. I was very careful of her cut as I snuggled my head into her neck. I had to take it slow again, I didn't really know how she was going to react to that after what she had just been through. I don't want to press her to hard. I pulled her against my chest. She laid her head on it and drew circles on my abdomen with her pointer finger.

She knows just the things to get me turned on. I grabbed her hand and laid it flat on my stomach.

"I can only take being hard for so long Baby girl." I said smirking.

I can assure you that her cheeks are probably burning red right now. There was a knock on the door. The nurse came in with a clipboard. She stood at the end of the bed smirking at us.

"Nice to see you getting comfortable Bailey. I just need to check a few things, don't mind me." The nurse said.

I pulled her closer to my body. I watched as the nurse was checking the machine that Bailey was hooked up to. She wrote down a few things and she looked back at Bailey.

"Sweety do you still have any pain?" She asked.

Bailey shook her head no. I knew that she was lying. I could see that she was hurting from both physical and none physical ways.

"Yes she is, she is just not willing to say she is." I said.

I heard Bailey sigh. I pulled her closer to my chest and kissed the top of her hoodie. "You are so strong Bailey, I won't judge you if you are hurting. I would rather you feel no pain then suffer through it." I said pulling her closer. She nodded into my chest causing me to smile.

"Alright, so I can give you some now and there will be a persciption that you can pick up once you're released. Which won't be to long." She said and walked out.

Bailey snuggled into me. I sighed and snuggled into her. How is she so sweet? I kissed the top of her hoodie again and she let out a small giggle.

"What are you doing to me Bailey Washington?" I asked sighing.

She rested her head on my beating chest and started to dose off. I smiled down at her. "Thanks Jax." She whispered.

I froze under her. Did she? Did she just talk to me? Her voice was all raspy probably from not talking in forever. It was so sweet and kind sounding, why would anyone not want to hear that?

"No problem Baby girl." I said and kissed the top of her hoodie again as we both fell into the darkness of dreams.