02

The sun had begun to sink and darkness was making an entrance when Alex and I finally managed to complete setting up my bedroom.

I slumped down on the comfortable alcove by the window as I heaved out a sigh of relief. I had a feeling this part of the room would be my favorite, dad really did give me the room with the best view. I could see the castle from most of the windows here. But the best view was provided by the window by the bench and the full glassed walls where Blonde and I had decided to place my two tiny sofas at.

The brilliant thing about this was that there were bookshelves around the bench. It was the perfect spot for reading.

I smiled and turned towards blonde, who was currently slumped on the sofa "Well I'm glad it's over, thank you for helping me... with the lights, moving stuff and everything"

"It's alright, dad was an electrician once upon a time, so he taught me a few things. Besides, it was fun. Who knew you could rock to Mayday Parade like you do!"

Thinking of all the ridiculous dance moves I had bolted out while decorating my bedroom I giggled. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself, I'll buy you smoothies for this you know"

Letting out a chuckle, blonde casually got up and began walking towards me lazily, immediately making me tense.

The same old smirk I had grown to so lovingly hate now plastered onto his face, blonde strode his way towards me and I watched wide-eyed as he bent down to level himself with me.

"I ask not much for the help I provided, but a small token of gratefulness, a kiss fair maiden for the help I provided?" Alex murmured, still smirking slightly as he stared straight into my wide eyes.

Er... Harry Potter... Er... Harry Styles... Wait, what?

"Or maybe a staring competition?" I croaked out, moving back slightly.

I felt like hitting myself. Idiot!

Alex confused me when he grinned. "I accept."

Chuckling nervously I shook my head and nodded. "Let us commence the battle!"

Looking straight into each other's eyes I popped out my tongue trying to catch his attention elsewhere but apparently, Blonde seemed learned and didn't lose his concentration for a second.

"You wanna play dirty aye?" He chuckled, still staring straight into my eyes.

A small giggle left my lips but stopped instantly when Blonde started to come closer, all the while not breaking eye contact once.

I began to sweat, this was definitely getting heated. His beautiful face just inches before me, his smirk slightly edgier but I still managed to maintain eye contact. This was not something I had expected to be happening on my first day in Piedmond.

"You could look away you know," Alex whispered as he inched closer, our nose slightly brushed together making me gulp in nervously.

This was definitely something I hadn't expected to happen on my first day here. Sure, I had hoped that there would at least be a cute guy living next door but... nearly kissing that cute boy next door, in my own room, on my first day, that was something I was not expected, and looking at Blonde's personality, I wasn't sure it was something I wanted. Heck, I had never been at nose distance from a guy before. Except for my cousin Ronny, but that fella was three and he had burped on my face just seconds later. Kids these days!

"Look away, you'll just lose, nothing more," Alex smirked as he continued to inch closer and I narrowed my eyes at his egoistic self. Despite my reservations about kissing Blonde I continued to stare back, I never backed down from a challenge, and I was definitely not going to let the arrogant blonde Huntsman win.