12

Sure, what's up? -T

My fingers started tapping on the screen nervously after pressing 'send', I couldn't help but have a bad feeling about this. Something wasn't right.

The sudden ping from my phone grabbed my attention almost too suddenly, and the thud that sounded around the room in return,pairing with the intense pain on the side of my thigh, enveloped me. I groaned as I lay on the floor for a bit, it never really was peachy falling off the bed.

Waiting for the pain to subside I stared at the wall, breathing, trying to calm myself but fear still floated around... What if he wanted to break up? What could be so serious?

Realizing that the pain was less intense I finally started to get back in my feet. The sharp pain flowing down leg made me wince in pain but I managed to plop myself on bed.

My eyes fell on the cellphone that had remained intact and safe from the fall, on the edge of the bed just tipping over towards the floor, and I quickly grabbed it.

I heaved out a shaky breath, the pain in my leg really was getting bad.

Would it bruise?

A sudden knock on the door sounded out and I turned my head towards it before calling out a very shaky, "Come in."

"You should be more careful Theia," Agnus' worried motherly tone floated around the room as she swept into the room with what looked like a bowl containing an icepack. She placed it on the bed in front of me and sighed. "Well, take off that skinny jeans and let me assess your bruise. I'm sure there is one by the sound of the thud that I heard, it must be pretty bad."

Grimacing, I nodded. Maybe she was right, it was always better to ice rather than bruise.

Shifting awkwardly on the bed I slipped my feet onto the floor and with very wobbly legs, stood up.

It hurt like hell.

As quickly as I could, I slipped out of my skinnys and looked at the side of my thigh only to wince by the already slightly purple bruise forming. I always did bruise up pretty quickly. What was worse was how it looked. The bruise looked horrendous.

"Oh that's a bad one, but not the worst I've seen. You will be all well and done in a few weeks, just don't pressure it much. Here," Agnus spoke warmly, extending the icepack towards me.

I smiled and nodded a "thanks," before slowly grabbing the pack and pressing it onto the bruise. I winced. That hurt more.

"Call me if you need anything deary,"
Agnus called out softly before she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

I eyed my cellphone again. Sighing I picked it up, again, and quickly tapped onto the unread message.

I'll be there soon, keep your window open. -B

Shit. I glanced at the sickly darkening bruise on my leg and then at message again.

I sighed. Then looked back at my bruise. Then the window.

I shook my head and let out a shallow breath before slipping out of the bed and walking towards the window slowly.

My plan was pretty simple; open the window, Rush into bed as fast as I can and get under the cover, hide my state of undress and bruise from Bryce, act like I'm not scared he will dump me, and ask him to pass me that potato chips before he leaves. But what if he is already here?

I held my breath as I padded my way towards the window, and almost broke into a relieved laugh when I reached it.

He wasn't there.