17

Bryce was just about to reply when a ringtone sounded from his pant pocket and he immediately reached for it. Grasping it and giving it a look Bryce turned towards me with a soft smile and I nodded, smiling back. It was probably important.

I stood there in the middle of the room, as the sound of the door close behind me echoed from the wall, looking nowhere in particular but my mind seemed to be on overdrive. For one the feeling of appreciation wouldn't leave, I seemed to be extremely thankful for how things had settled in so far. How smoothly things had gone, God knew how bad it could have been. How bad I could have reacted had I not had prior suspicions and a love for Jacob Black, professor Lupin, and Adam. But I was not going to tell Bryce that. Who knew what he would kill in his jealous frenzy.

My gaze drifted towards the open window and I found myself walking towards it slowly, the day outside did seem like a damp one, the clouds hung heavily in grey hues. I couldn't help but smile. This was my perfect kind of weather. If only it rained too though. That would be great.

As if hearing my unvoiced wish, the sky started crying down on the world. The freshly wet smell of the soil floating around the air reached my nostrils and I smiled as I closed my eyes and leaned against the edge of the window.

"Hey" an arm slid around my waist as the warm whisper touched the skin of my neck. I shuddered and leaned against the familiar solid chest.

"Hey" I replied, smiling as Bryce leaned in closer and pressed his lips on the crook of my neck.

"So, where were we?"

I turned around with a wide grin displayed across my face. Well, this was a first. Bryce willing offering to give me answers to my questions, unbelievable.

"I asked what the moon had anything to do with us" I chirped, putting my arms around his neck and pulling his huge form down as I swung from it. His arms around my waist tightened as he leaned in and kissed my chin.

"You're adorable. I had meant something else but we could do this too" he murmured against my neck.

"Great! Let's begin then!" I announced, moving out of his embrace and placing myself nicely on the huge bed, my back leaning against the dark mahogany headboard.

Bryce frowned as I moved out of his hold but quickly followed after, settling himself on the bed beside me.

I turned towards him excitedly and he groaned when he noticed the expectant look in my eye but continued.

"Before I begin, you must understand some things, okay?" Bryce began, and then turned to look at me. I nodded in understanding, feeling slightly nervous about all this. Bryce continued. "You might have noticed... Seeing as you have both seen Matthew and I in our... beast forms that we are different. There is a concrete theory behind it, you see there are... Two types of Wolves. Matthew happens to be a Werewolf. Whereas I, a Lycanthrope. Lycans and Weres differ in a sense that we Lycans are royal. We royals are stronger, in every sense. And being Lycans allows us to stand, more like... People, unlike Werewolves. Understandable so far?"

Once again I nodded meekly, he was getting closer to the mate thing, I knew it. Why did I suddenly didn't want to hear it? Why was a suddenly so scared?

"Now we all, both Lycans and Normal wolves are affected by the moon. Although we can change at will, our powers and strength increases during the full moon nights. And... Well... Since the full moon affects us all, it also affects our-Fuck! It makes us want to mark our mates okay?, it'll make me want to mate with you. And that's bad because I fight every second to control myself from taking you. I'll go crazy Theia, almost obsessive. And if I don't get you during the full moon this month, or any month, I will kill anything and everything who stands in my way." I sat gaping at a pissed off Bryce as he glared at the dark silk bed covers.