04

Finding out that we were moving, a month ago, had never had me day dreaming about a lot of things.

On most parts i'd wanted to let the mystery continue, because the less I daydreamed the less disappointed it would be.

I'd forgotten that the less I daydreamed the more shocked I'd be too.

What had occurred three days ago though seemed like a very good candidate for a perfect daydream. A historical Lord like being had descended from the heavens above and had talked to me, had held my hand.

I would have thought myself crazy but the marks that remained from his grip on my arm acted as proof that I had in fact talked to the epitome of every girls fascination and imagination when they read a historical romance.

There was no way to deny it, Bryce head been a beautiful possible killer.

But truth be told, that wasn't it. His beauty, his charm wasn't exactly the fact that had me so intrigued. There was just something about him. Something just pulled me in. Something warm and comforting. I didn't know what it was... But I found myself back at the swing each day after the end of school. Waiting. And he would come.

Sometimes he would sit in front of the swing, sometimes he would stand at the back and pull. And every day in these past three days all we ever talked about were those tiny things, the likes and dislikes and jobs and dreams.

I'd noticed though Bryce had seemed to avoid some of the questions and although normally that would have me alert, I didn't know why but I couldn't bring myself to suspect him. And then I'd spend my nights telling myself how much of an idiot I am.

The same sound of a bats cry ran through the woods reminding me of the setting sun, like everyday, and I slumped in the swing a little.

Again I'd sat on the swing again today, hoping maybe he would come. He hadn't. But the day's end had.

My nagging conscience that almost always turned out correct other times couldn't help but warn me, was being this friendly with a stranger being incredibly stupid? And all because he looked really really really handsome?

I sighed as I turned towards the darkening sky and finally got up off the swing.maybe he wouldn't come today.

Each step towards the back door felt like another lump of disappointment had settled in my throat. My feet climbed on the first step, my hand reaching for the door knob, and I stilled when a hand wrapped around mine.

"I'm sorry,"

I stared down at my feet as I let him hold my hand. "What for?"

He took a step closer, his footstep thumping on the patio floor. "Being late,"

"It's almost dark," I shrugged, turning around I looked up into the bright blue pools of ocean that Bryce called his eyes.

A small smile teased the edge of his mouth and he leaned down lower, "I know," he mumbled, curling a strand of hair behind my ear.

Breaking free I made a move towards the back door I reached for the light switch and turned the lights to the patio on. Moving back towards the large man I sat on the patio bench, "How was your day?"

"Profitable. How was school?"

I shrugged, "Educational."

Bryce smirked and began striding towards me, he dropped on the sofa beside me. It felt strangely good. This was the first time we'd actually sat somewhere together. Beside each other.

"You're angry,"

I was. A little. I shook my head. "No, I'm not."

Bryce's smirk widened, "Yes, you are."