26

The sound of a distant owls hoot, and then a familiar tower bell's chime alerted me that we were nearing the castle.

I could do nothing but sigh in his arms as Bryce held me closer,leaping on a tree while at it. How many times had we been here? Him taking inhuman leaps, I on his shoulders? Clearly I was not in a mood to do a head count, but it felt like one too many!

I grit my teeth together and shut my eyes tightly as a cold wind blew over and the violent shivers began. Everything just seemed like a large cycle of never endings.

The quick click of a door opening alerted me of finally reaching the castle, but the still present cold shivers kept me frozen in my condition.

"We're here,"

I was mad at Bryce. Very very mad. But as he dropped me onto the all too familiar black silk bed covers, I couldn't help but let a small smile show at how appreciative he looked as he stood at the foot of the bed, watching me.

"I like how you look in my bed"

'What an enigma...' I thought as I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Well, great. Because that's all you'll be doing for a while. Looking. Now tell me, why the abduction?"

Bryce let out a bitter chuckle, shaking his head slowly as he started making his way to where I was on the the edge of the bed.

"You know... When I climbed through the window tonight, I had thought to see my mate in her bed, alone, asleep.

Turns out she was asleep.But alone?-" he shook his head again "-That, she was not-"

His chuckle dimmed and his lips pulled in a thin line, the coldness in the room suddenly matching the coldness in his gaze. "-what I climbed through the window was my mate sleeping, but with her overly bubbly best friend and a man who happens to have the strangest of obsessions for her-"

"Bryce it's no-"

"-not what I think?" Bryce let out a stiff chuckled, his cold eyes giving off a strange gleam, he leaned over me, resting a knee on the bed as he did, going lower with me as I tried to move back on reflex.

"Then why was his arms around your waist? Under your shirt? And why was one of his legs over yours? Clearly, it's obviously not what I think Theia. It's obviously not the fact that you're letting a man who harbors affections for you entertain himself as he wishes!"

I knew at that moment, that my mouth kept slowly opening than closing like a fish out of water, but really, what was I to explain there?

Bryce however seemed like he rather not cared for a reply because he immediately continued, " I have never tried to forcefully dominate you, I have never tried to go against what you wish for intentionally, but gods forbid I am too selfish when it comes to you being mine. I want you Theia. Your soul, your body, your heart, you. I want you." He leaned in low enough so that his warm breath touched the back of my ear, I could almost feel his lips on that particular skin. "And if I have to kill someone for it, For you, I will feel no remorse at all."

"Y-you're t-trying to scare me into sending b-back Cass and Angelo." I could do nothing but stutter back, my wide eyes peering into his, occasionally drifting towards the thin lined smirk he was pulling off quite well.

Bryce only leaned in more, so that his lips brushed against my cheeks, "Am I, love?"

"Y-yes bu-" I was barely able to complete the sentence when his angry lips smacked onto mine, quickly my retort turned into a breathy moan.