Isabel

First period wasn't so bad, the teacher was cool. It's a class for kids that need to 'improve' on their 'behavior'.

After first period. Me and my friends meet up. They're practically the only people I can actually call my friend's, everyone else I talk to are just, i don't know, people.

I'm not so good at socializing, I'm always too shy.

We're all walking to our next class together in complete awkward silence.

It's our first year at Rosevelt High School.

Freshman.

The class most older grades hate because most of us aren't fully mature or still 'little' kids .I'm not too nervous because I grew up and went to the same elementary and middle school with most these freshman's.

A few classes go by and my day goes perfectly fine.

On my way to 5th period, I look at my bright yellow, schedule paper.

"Mathematics, Mr.Q-what the? and, room 97" I read out loud as I'm walking down the hall.

"Room 95, 96, 97..." i say slowly. Before I'm about to walk into class, I glance to my left, and see a guy.

He's not just 'any' guy. He catches my attention which not many can manage so fast and easily . He's probably a few inches taller than me. He looks angry, or just mad, has the I-am-the-man walk and his head held up high.

I gauge my attention back at where I'm supposed to be, I walk into room 97 and just try to sit anywhere near the back.

As I sit down I remember who I had just seen, dang he was fine as shit.

A few minutes later I turn to the door as someone walks in late, and it's the one and only guy I was just think of.

I turn away and put my head down, trying to avoid myself from looking at him any longer. "Fuck he's gonna be a distraction this year."