Isabel

"Do you guys want to go hang out at Starbucks?" Monica says to Me, Yari and Lia in the place we always meet after 7th period.

"Sure, I'll go." I respond to her.

"Me too" Yari says.

Lia's on her phone. "Okay then I guess I'll go too"

"Yay okay." Monica says cheery.

"But why Starbucks? Isn't that like...I don't know....white girls hang out at Starbucks." I say smiling.

"Oh my god Africa shut the fuck up, it tastes good, that's all that matters." Lia says.

"Okay true." I chuckle.

When we get to Starbucks, we all order our drinks and sit at a table.

"Monica, I think Ice has a girlfriend." I say out of nowhere, ready to rant.

"Oh my god! You're lying, I've never seen him with a girl?" She says.

"Who the hell is ice?" Yaricza chimes in.

"You guys been keeping secrets from us now?" Lia damn near yells.

Fuck. I forgot, I hadn't told them about Victor yet.

"So Africa has a crush on a guy from school." Monica whispers.

"Shut up, its not a crush, he's just a cute guy from school." I clarify.

"Yea a cute guy from school, anyways , we nicknamed him ice because she loves ice." She says.

Yari and Lia look at eachother and back at us. "Oh, so what about him?"

"I think he has a girlfriend." I complain.

"No pos ya te chingastes." Yari says talking in spanish saying I'm fucked.

"I know, but he's so fucking adorable!" I respond right away.

He's more than just adorable, he's hawt, and I feel an adrenaline rush when he's near by, I always want to be close to him, but when he is, I want to get away.

"Three caramel frappe's and one vanilla bean!" The Starbucks lady yells. 

Monica leaves to get our drinks, comes back, and puts them on the table. "So what if he has a girl? People can break up ya know?"

True. But...

"I am not about to ruin a relationship just because I think a guys cute." I say to Monica.

Lia finally gets off her phone. "Have you even talked to him, or had any type of contact with him?"

All my friends know I'm super shy, which is why that's the first thing Lia would usually ask.

I haven't told any of them about what happened next to my locker and Victor.

"Yeaaaa about that." I smile remembering the feeling of him inches away from me leaning in.

"What'd you do this time?" Monica says.

"Okay, so Lia, remember that day you asked me to meet up with you at our locker during 5th period so I can give you some gum and we both wanted to get out of class?"

"Yea, what about that?" She responds.

"I kinda sorta had a...close conversation with Ice that day, after you left."

She covers her mouth with the palm of her hand like a white girl, well she IS a white girl, more like a MexiCAN'T , she's Mexican but can't really speak Spanish, only the few words we've taught her.