Isabel

I couldn't even eat my freaking ice in peace. I kept thinking about how Monica told me Victor was looking at me.

Not that I care or whatever.

That was until I passed by, and he was talking to this white girl. I felt kind of...jealous?

I mean like, not exactly jealous but, just mad? I don't know.

I brushed it off, because like, I don't even know the kid, and he doesn't know me.

I walk into 5th period Math and sit where I usually do.

I notice Victor and his friend aren't here yet, Victor is probably still talking to that girl, matter a fact, she's in this class, I barely notices she's sitting in the corner.

I'm still looking over at her when the teacher says he rearranged the seating chart in alphabetical order.

"I know, I know, poor you guys, you can't sit next to your buddy anymore" Mr.Q says while standing in front of the class.

Everyone's rolling their eyes or pouting.

"Okay in this front row..." I'm not really listening, I'm looking at the door waiting for Victor to walk in late.

Until I hear my name.. "Third row is going to be, Isabel Garcia to your right is going to be Luis Hernandez."

Fuck. I mean like Luis is super cute, his brown hair is always in a fade, he kind of has the same style as Victor, and I'll admit his smiles is really cute...but he's no Victor.

As Luis walks into class, I already know Victor is going to walk in right behind him.

They walk in like they own the place while everyone is staring at them for being late.

"Luis...Victor you're late." Mr.Q says

"I fucking know that." Victor responds right away.

Q's face turns red "Uhh Luis, your seat is next to, Isabel"

I expect Luis to not know who I am, but he turns and looks straight at me right away and smiles "No way, fosholy"

He sits right next to me and takes off his backpack.

"Hey" He says to me.

I don't want to talk to him, I'm not really good at talking to guys; all of the guys I talk to are just friends, so if this kid starts flirting with me, I'm not going to know what to do.

"Hi" I respond with my head down.

He try's looking at my face but all my hair is in the way.

"What?" I say while writing the notes down.

"Nothin' why do you always have your head down." He says still trying to look at me.

"I don't like making eye contact with people."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just don't."

"Wow, do you have a pencil I can borrow?"

"You ask a lot of questions." I respond while opening the pocket of my backpack and handing him a pencil.

"Thanks" he smiles, really cute. "Just to let you know, I have a pencil in my backpack, I just wanted to see your face."

I mug him and start writing my notes down.

I thought by mugging, he would get the sign that I don't want to talk, but he either ignored the sign or really never got it.

"Anyways, do you smoke?"

"Smoke what? Bud or cigarettes?"

"Idk you tell me?"

I talk with my eyes still focused on my paper. "Uhh, I smoke bud once in a while, and cigarettes are disgusting."

"That's wassup, we should blaze it sometime."

"Nah, I'm good"

"Wow I see how it is."

I stay quiet because I still don't know what to say.

"Why not though?"

"Do your notes." I say looking at his blank paper, and trying to change the subject.

"Do em' for me yeah?"

I chuckle "oh yea, sure"

"Fr?"

"No" I laugh.

"Damn" He looks down at me and smirks "you should smile and laugh more often, it's cute."

Okay I need to change this conversation like now.

"Anyways what grade you in?"

"Why do you just keep changing the subject like that?"

"I'm not changing the subject, I'm making conversation." I look up at him.

"No, every time you don't want to respond back to something, you change the subject."

Fuck.

"No I don't anyways" I chuckle. "Where do you get weed from?"

"See just like you did right now." He smiles again. "And I grow it and sell it" He says

"And you smoke it?"

"Yup"

"Don't you know?" I look up at him and smile.

He looks confused. "Know what?"

"Don't get high off your own supply."

He starts laughing and it's so adorable.

"Damn, even you're personality's bomb."