Victor

Someone knocks on my door.

"Who the fuck is it?"

Another knock.

"If it's you Carlos, I'm not gonna open it for your annoying ass!"

"It's your mom pendejo!" I hear my mom's voice say.

"Oh shit, my bad." I get up and open the door. "Wassup?"

She pushes the door to open up some more. "You've been spending a lot of time in you're room or out in the streets with your bike." She walks in my room and lays on my bed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm good." I say while putting my phone down.

"You sure, you've seemed distracted these passed few days." She says with a sweet, soft voice, with a Mexican accent to it.

I've been trying to keep Isabel off my mind, it's everything, Isabel, Luis hanging with Isabel, Trinity being back, my dad being distant, my grades are falling.

I'm definitely not okay.

I need to talk about it with someone, I know I can't talk about it with Luis since he's part of the problem, but he's the only guy friend I actually trust, so who's better than the only women I trust, my mom?

"Trinity's back." I say without thinking it through.

"Trit? Your ex Novia?" My mom says calling her my ex girlfriend.

My muscles tense thinking about her being my girlfriend. "Yeah that bitch."

"Hey, what have I told you about disrespecting a girl like that Victor?" My mother raises her eyebrow.

"Ight my bad."

"Have you talked to her?" My mom says with a sympathetic look in her face.

"Yea, like a week ago at school." Ever since that day, everything feels slow. I've been trying to avoid talking to her or anyone in that matter, Isabel or even Luis.

Trinity turned out to be in the same class I have with Isabel, Luis and Kaylee, turns out her and Kaylee have a lot in common and are like best friends now.

"And how'd that go?" My mom responds to me.

"We ended up yelling at each other for about 5 minuets" I smile.

She smiles back. "Oh god Victor, have you thought about getting back with her?"

I give her a weird look. "Hell to the fucking no."

"You guys had chemistry you know."

I give her a cocky smile. "I have an 'F' in chemistry Mom."

She smiles and rolls her eyes. "What about girls, talked to any girls lately?" She says changing the subject.

"Lots of em'" I joke.

"Victor..?"

"Okay yea, I have my eye on one, but Luis kinda has his on her too." I roll my eyes.

"So what's so special about this one that even you have your eye on her?"

She sure damn knows I'm picky about my girls, mostly when I'm talking to her about them.

"I don't even know to be fucking honest." I say to her, I really don't know though.

She grabs a pillow and lays her head on it getting comfortable . "What's the first thing you notice about her when you see her Vic?"

From the back? Her ass. I smile. "Depends were I'm looking Mom."

She smiles and rolls her eyes knowing what I mean. "I should have known, you're just like your dad, other than the parts ALL guys are attracted to Victor."

That's easy to answer. "Her eyes."

"Is it because they're a certain color? Or because you see something in them that no one else notices." Damn my mom is good at making me realize cheesy shit like this.

I stay silent for a while thinking about what she just said.

"How do I know if I like someone?" I ask without even thinking about it.

"When no one else matters Victor." She smiles.

Now that I think about it. Do I like Isabel? Kaylee never mattered, Trinity sure enough doesn't matter. All summer break I was thinking about what I would have said to Trit when she came back, but since school started, the only girl I've thought about was Isabel, Trit hadn't crossed my mind since I saw Isabel, not once, until now.

Fuck, do I really, truly like her?

Nah, my brains gotta be fuckin' with me. "She's not my type though."

"How do you know she's not your type? What is your type?"

"She looks too innocent, I like crazy, mean, fun females." I smile once again.

Innocent scares me, I don't know what to do with 'innocent'. Trinity was always crazy and loud, she was always mean and straight up. Isabel is, sort of sweet, and nice, she's quiet and calm.

What does attract me to her, is the way she acts mean out of no where, and her calmness, she doesn't seem one bit intimidated, most girls would've already been all up on my nuts after that conversation at her locker.

Shit, she's gotta be fucking with my head.

"Remember, there's always a crazy side to an innocent face, just ask your dad" my mom says, gets up and walks out.