Isabel

Chapter 11

When I get home, my mom's sitting on the couch.

"Hey, Isa I need to talk to you." She says sounding all serious and shit.

"Wassup?" I say as I jump on the couch and lay down.
I get a little worried thinking she found out about something bad I probably did.

"I just wanted to talk to you about how, you know... you might have to move in with your sister." She sounds a little worried, probably at how she thinks I'll react.

"Whyyyyyy?" I ask her like a little girl.

"It's not like you can live here alone." She says.

"Okay? Well I don't care, I'm not moving out, why can't she just move in here." I say giving her a serious look.

I tend to always raise my eyebrow when I'm annoyed, sometimes without even noticing it.

"I'll talk to her about it, but if she says, she doesn't want to move over here, then you're not going to have a choice." My mom says.

"Uh huh" I say feeling really annoyed and frustrated.

A while back my mom was arrested and, long story short she may be arrested again and this time for a longer period of time.

The cops have came to look for her once, luckily she wasn't home when they got here.

Yea I know she doesn't want me to be home alone while she's in jail or even worse deported so she wants me to move in with my sister.

I understand but I still don't want to move. I try to ignore the fact that my mom has an arrest warrant and that the cops can show up any second, because this is just one more thing to add to the list of things I'm stressed out about.

I go in my room, turn on my speaker and put it as loud as possible. Music sucks me into my own little world, where there's no problems, no arrest warrant's, nobody talking shit, and no school.

While I'm cleaning my room, I get a text message from Lia.

Lia- "Heyy"

Me- "Heyyyy"

Lia- "Soooo wyd?"

Me- "Cleaning whyyy?"

Lia- "I'm bored :("

Me- "Me tooo we should do something"

Lia- "Ayyy lets go to the movies?"

Me- "Let me ask, but who's taking us?"

Lia- "Ok , and my uncle"

Me- "k, who's going?"

Lia- "Yari, Monica, Adrian, and Lizbeth."

Me- "Omg Lizbeth's going?"

Lia- "yee"

Lizbeth's my main best friend, but she moved a while back and I haven't seen her for a long time.

And Adrian, Adrian is just a guy from school, who I have for 5th period Math.

When I finish cleaning my room, my mom's watching TV.

"Heeeeeeey, mommy I love you soooo much." I tell her.

She smirks and says "I don't have money"

"Just like 20$!!! Pleaseeee!!!" I whine.

"For what?" She says still focused on the TV.

"I'm going to the movies with Lia"

"Alright fine what time are you coming back?" She says while taking out the money.

"I don't know like 9" I shrug.

"You better be home by 9." She says handing me a 20$ bill.

"Uhhh huhhh" I tell her while walking back to my room.

I look at my phone.

Lia- "I'll pick you up at 5:30"

Shit! I only have 30 minuets to get ready.

I change into some black vans, dark blue ripped jeans, and just put on a black sweater over a white tank top.

I fix my winged eyeliner, and straighten my hair, a little more.

I look at my phone as it vibrated.

Lia- "I'm outside"