Isabel

Chapter 23

We arrive to the movies , and walk to the McDonalds around the corner.

"Why didn't Yari come?" I ask Lia

She shrugs "I don't know, I guess she was going over to family's house or something"

"Awww that sucks" Monica says.

Lizbeth finally starts to talk, "So how have you guys been?"

"It sucks not having you around anymore" I say as I play with the ends of my hair.

"Deadass" Lia says right after me.

Monica sits down at a table. "It does suck, what about you?"

"I'm good, but the girls I hang out with are fucking fake" she says rolling her eyes.

I start laughing "what do you mean?"

She laughs with me "they talk shit behind each other's back."

"Damn and are you talking to someone?" I ask her.

"Yea, what about you? Ever since I met you, you've never had a boyfriend or anything like that, do you finally have your eyes on someone?" She says

I automatically think of Victor. It's not that I like him, he's just...cute I guess. And yea that's true, I've never had a boyfriend, ever. I've just, I've never thought about needing a guy to make me happy.

I'm not into Victor in any type of way. But...I still don't understand why I'm always so shy around him and just by seeing him or even thinking about him, it makes me smile.

"Nah" I say still smiling

"So there's no one that catches your attention?" She says obviously not believing me.

"I mean like there is this one guy, but he's not even that cute and he looks like a dick, I really don't want a relationship right now." I tell her

Monica looks surprised, because I never told them anything about Victor.

"Mmhmm, yea okay" Lizbeth says, she knows me too well.

We talk for a while but it starts getting a little late.

"Where's Adrian?" I ask Lia.

"I don't know." She shrugs. "He said to meet him here."

"Ughhhh" I say while rolling my eyes.

This was supposed to be a 'girls night out' I mean like yeah, Adrian is cool and all but, I just feel like it would've been better if it was just us girls.

I feel someone pull a piece of my hair and turn around I see Adrian smiling.

"You take fucking daaaaays" I say while mugging him.

"Not even, I was too busy getting my dick sucked" he says winking.

"Ha! That's funny anyways we should start walking back before the movie starts" I say.

When we get to the movies I buy all of us a big bucket of popcorn and a soda.

I also buy sour patches for myself.

We get inside the movie, and Lia's sitting next to Adrian.
Monica, my best friend and I sit next to each other.

Adrian hears me start opening my sour patches. "Who got candy?"

"I don't know" I say loud enough for him to hear me.

"You have candy huh?" He says while sticking his head out looking at me.

"Shut up the movies about to start" I say trying to avoid him from wanting me to share my food.

"Let me have some" he whispers.

I ignore him but I hear someone start getting up and walking towards me.

"Shoot some" Adrian says while sitting next to me.

"Aww I want some too!" Lia says.

She gets up and starts sitting next to Adrian once again. She doesn't grab candy, I think she was just trying to sit next to him.

"Alright here, now shut the fuck up" I whisper while giving him some.

As I'm watching the movie I open the soda cup and start eating the ice cubes left.

Monica leans into me "So who do you like?"

Fuck, I was hoping she forgot about that.

"No one" I say while eating my ice.

"Please!! Tell me!"

"Monica I'm finna slap you if you don't start watching the damn movie"

"I swear I won't tell anyone"

Should I tell her?

"You don't know him."

"Okay so what does he look like?"

"Uhh, okay, he always looks like he's mugging-"

She cuts me off, "Wait is he that guy that you were trying to avoid during lunch?"

I nod as I throw another ice cube in my mouth.

"Oh my god, for real?" She says smiling

"Nah bitch I'm lying." I say in a sarcastic voice.

"What's his name?"

Fuck.

"Uh I don't know yet." I say

"Well then let's give him a nickname so when we talk about him no one knows who it is."

"Like?"

"I don't know something you enjoy or love" she shrugs

I look down at my cup.

"Ice?"

She chuckles "okay then"