CHAPTER 3

JENNIE

"Guess what?" Dahyun came up to me.

"What?"

"A city girl is going to stay in our house for months. I don't know her name though."

"Well, at least you'll be going to have a new friend."

"Are you kidding me? A city girl who loves to suck her own gadgets is difficult to handle. You mean me going to be her friend is a big no-no." she crossed her arm. "She might be troublesome in our life."

"That's not my problem anymore. She's living in your house and not mine." I stuck my tongue at her.

"AISH JENNIE! HELP ME!!" she begged.

"I've got nothing to do with that."

"She's going to arrive today!!"

"Well, why won't you welcome her with some tea party perhaps?"

"Ugh you're impossible." she rubbed her temples.

"You're just stressing yourself up. I gotta go and ride Yin."

"I wish your horse will throw you over the cliff."

"Damn you."

"Dahyun!" I heard my aunt called the heck out of her.

"Yes, mom?!"

"I've been searching for you!! Did you went to help Junhoe and Jinhwan harvesting??"

"Hihi sorry mom!" the idiot ran away.

"Get your ass back in here Dahyun!"

I went to wear my boots and my cowboy hat as I jumped over Yin's back as it galloped over the slope of the mountain.

It took 45 minutes to arrive at my sacred tree house that I'm only the one who knows this exists. Kidding. My dad made this for me when I was still a kid. Me, Dahyun, Junhoe, and Jinhwan used to play a lot in here not until we all grew up and started to focus on our job where our future relies on.

This sacred tree house is where I stay for a while during the times of my depression state or even when I'm angry. I felt like my dad is there for me and to comfort me.

I watched the sunset and feel the cool breeze.

Is the government that corrupt who don't have any budget to fix this road?

I furrowed my brows.

Why does suddenly these thoughts became so loud and clear?

Why is this house full of antiques? How old school.

Yin suddenly wailed from her place as I saw the dim light of the setting sun from the sky. I glanced over the photos that were pinned on the wall. Something suddenly clicked on my mind.

Seungri-oppa is coming home tonight!

Running down from the tree house, I quickly jumped on my horse's back as we went back home.

"Jennie! Where have you been?" my grandma asked while carrying some tray of finger foods.

"Just out there somewhere," I replied before I jumped off from my horse and tied him on the post where she is usually placed.

"It's camping night. Come on."

"I'll just go and change myself on some fresh clothes."

"Quick cause they're already here!"

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes.

Like heck, I'm gonna entertain those.

..