CHAPTER 5

JENNIE

"It's the season of strawberries. Come on let's pick some!" I lured.

"Uhm, o-okay." Lisa quietly followed me towards the strawberry field.

"Pick the only ones whom you think is ready to be harvested. There is a basket and a scissor over there." I pointed the little hut at the corner of the strawberry field but I went to its location to get mine as well.

"You seem so quiet. Aren't you fond of doing agricultural things?" I looked at her.

"I'm a newbie. But if you'll teach me I'll be able to learn fast I think?" she replied without looking at me.

"This might take a while to absorb some information but how long are you going to stay in here again?"

"6 months." I heard her sigh deeply.

"Oh, that must be a pain in the ass." I chuckled.

"God yes it is." she groaned.

"But you'll get used to it. Just have some fun. You can be friends with everybody in here." I smiled.

"Gee thanks I guess." she shrugged just as we both went to pick some strawberries together.

"Will you tell me the reason why are you going to stay here for a while?"

"The doctor said I suffered a certain illness but he says it's curable though."

"What that might be? Was it infectious?" I tried to shield myself playfully when she slapped me by my arm. "Ow!"

"Oh crap sorry! Jeez, you're overreacting! It's not okay? And it's not that critical. I just need to stay away from the city to cure myself." she chuckled.

"Mind telling me what illness is that?" I smiled, trying to convince her to open up for me.

I know telling the others about your illness or sickness is not allowed but I'm trying to help her cure herself even if we're not that close. We just met today. About 5 minutes ago?

It's just that, there is something about me telling me to know more about her.

There's something about her.

How many times do I have to say that?

"EHS. Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity. I'm sensitive to any electromagnetic stuff such as phones or other gadgets. I can use them though but not to exceed to 1 hour or else it'll just make my situation worse."

"I never heard such a thing." I blinked.

"Of course because you live in here. Everything around you is fresh from the foods and the environment. I bet everyone is living in here healthily."

"You got a point."

"WE LIKE TO PARTYYYYY YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH WE LIKE TO PARTYYYYYY," we both noticed the comeback of the field choir.

Seungri is leading them with Junhoe and the others were dancing in the mud while planting those seedlings. Pity are those peasants rolling in the mud.

"Woi still on a hangover Yunhyeong?" Donghyuk slapped his butt playfully.

"JENNIE-YAHHH!! GOOD MORNING!!" Donghyuk waved his hands at me crazily.

"Seems like you got a lot of fans." I heard Lisa chuckled. I just gave her a small smile.

"OH HIIIII JENNIE'S FRIEND!!" Yunhyeong greeted loudly as it echoed everywhere that the other people in the mountains could possibly hear it too.

"Don't mind them they're all idiots." I facepalmed. "Still on their hangovers."