CHAPTER 9

"Jennie? Oh, thank God you're alright! I was worried." Jennie's grandma rushed into her the moment Lisa and Jennie who just set their footsteps into the entrance.

"Where the heck did you both came from?! It was raining so hard I couldn't calm myself down worrying about you!"

"Calm down grandma. I'm here safe and sound." Jennie hugged her gently.

"I thought I've lost you!"

"Oh come on grandma. Don't be such a cry baby. I'm with Lisa alright?"

"Thank goodness you found yourself a good friend." her grandma pulled away. "Get inside and have some tea and sandwiches to warm yourselves up."

~•~

"Jennie, can I use your phone for a minute?" Lisa asked.

"I thought you're not allowed to touch one?"

"Just this time please??" she begged.

"O-Okay." she pulled out her phone from her pocket and gave it to her.

"Is there any signal in here?"

"Half a kilometer away from here you can find the signal."

"Why so far?"

"We're in the mountains what do you expect?"

"Right." Lisa sighed.

"I can go there with you if you want," Jennie said.

"Really? You would do that?" Lisa raises her eyebrow. "You had a fever."

"I'll do anything to help you." Jennie showed her gummy smile.

And to make you happy.

Walking together on the road, Lisa seems to notice the leaves of every tree they see were falling out from its branches.

"Winter is coming." Jennie mumbles.

"Yeah. The temperature is getting colder."

"Here. You can call or message someone." Jennie paused on the tall post behind her.

"Thanks." Lisa then began to punch down Chaeyoung's number and pressed the call button. She walked a few meters away from Jennie.

"Hello?"

"It's Lisa."

"Oh, b-baby hi. Wait, aren't you not allowed to—"

"Where are you? Why haven't I receive any of your letters? Have you already got mine?" Lisa frowns.

"Oh shoot! Yes, I did receive yours. Sorry, I just got busy. My grandma died Lisa. Alice is asking me to stay there in Australia for a week before the funeral. I'll send something back for you right then."

"Haven't you missed me?"

"What? Of course, I do! I've always missed your hugs and kisses before I'll go to sleep! When will you be back?"

"Five months and three weeks from now. You can visit here if you want. I'll just send you the address or you can go together with my aunt. She said she'll visit every month."

"I-I'll try baby."

"Okay. I called because I've missed you so much."

"Aww, baby I've missed you too."

"It's getting darker I need to go. I have my limits in holding devices."

"It's okay. I understand."