CHAPTER 4

LISA

"What are you doing?"

"I'm writing a letter to my old friend back then."

"Why do you have to make a letter when you have the net?"

"She doesn't use those."

"Ever?" my aunt shooked her head.

"Even phones?"

"Nah."

"Are you planning on killing me?"

"This is for your own good Lisa. I'm visiting you there from time to time. What matters the most is you need to be cured."

"What about Rosé?"

"She can visit you there if she wants to."

Sending letters could take a while for that someone to receive but since the countryside is just nearby, it only took for a day.

..

"Lice, my grandmother is sick my sister called me. She needs me to be there." Rosé said to me.

"It's alright. Uhm Chaeng... I'll be away for a while."

Her eyes suddenly went wide.

"W-Why? How long?" her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'll be away for like 6 months.."

"W-What? W-When?"

"Tomorrow.."

"I'll just call you then? Chat? Video call? Email??"

"No phones or gadgets. Just written letters.."

"Oh, okay. So I'll write to you then.."

~

Today is the day.

Can't you believe that? My aunt is the one who packed my things up like she wants to throw me away.

We rode a cab and went to who-knows-where area. It's been forever!

Not until I noticed the bumpy road that keeps me alive and awake for almost 30 minutes.

Is the government that corrupt who don't have any budget to fix this road? I thought.

I furrowed my brows in frustration until my aunt told the cab to stop in front of a beautiful old style house.

"Sohee?" my aunt called out a woman who's in her mid-40s.

"Esoo! It's been years!" the woman's eyes lit up before they hugged each other.

How lovely. I rolled my eyes.

"So this is your niece?" Sohee asked as she looked at me with a welcoming smile.

"Yes, this is Lisa. Lisa this is Miss Kim Sohee the owner of the house where you'll be staying at."

"She's beautiful Esoo," Sohee said as she smiled at me.

I awkwardly smiled back, I ain't got used by elderly women calling me that. It gave me chills!

"Come on in!" she gestured us to get inside her house.