12

"Hey, heads up Luce, Finn is coming over, around 7." Josh leans on my door frame as I finish up the trig questions illuminating on my screen.

"Alright, you ordering food?" I look up and see him nodding his head. Thank God, I am starving.

"Pizza." Josh hums, "Pepperoni?" 

I smile, "You know it. Now leave, I have to finish my homework." I shoo him off, and he leaves to the living room where I hear him say our order. It's 6:45 now so Finn should be here soon. Am I supposed to act like everything is fine? Like I don't know that he is supposedly talking to a girl? I guess we'll just have to see.

By the time I finished all of my work for each class, Finn has been here for a half hour and the pizza just arrived. I stand up and stretch before bracing myself for the fact that I am finally seeing Finn.

I leave the comfort of my bedroom and walk out smiling. I see the two boys sitting on the couch discussing something and eating pizza. 

"Hey, Finn." I greet him with a small wave. He turns his head slightly to look at me and them gives a small nod of acknowledgement. 

That's it? Just a nod? We haven't seen each other in how many weeks and all he can give me is a little movement of his head? I scoff aloud and walk into the kitchen, grab a slice of pizza and walk right back into my room. 

I shoot Ronnie a text telling her to come over, and that Finn is here. She makes it to the apartment in record time and made sure to grab some pizza.

I meet her in the kitchen and grab a bottle of water before leading her into my room. 

"Hey Finn." Ronnie waves at him.

"Hey Ronnie," Finn smiles.

I chuckle to myself and shut my door behind Ronnie.

"What?" Ronnie bites her garlic knot.

"You get a 'hi' from him, I get a small nod and nothing else." I throw myself back onto my bed.

"What are you talking about?" Ronnie places her plate on my bedside table and sighs, "Is he really ignoring you?"

I purse my lips and nod. "I was expecting something, you know? I get that he has another girl now but he can't even stay friends with me? He's just gonna push me out like that?" I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, let's talk about something else." I finish the crust of my pizza. "Found that guy yet?"

The other night, Ronnie was at a party and saw a hot guy that caught her eye. She went up to them and started talking to him and they had great conversations. She got the name Connor but nothing else. She has been trying to find him on social media but failed. She insists on going to every local party now to find him.

"Actually, it's going well. There's a party tomorrow night at the same house so if I'm lucky, he will be there too." Ronnie smiles at her discovery, then suddenly makes a face as if she had the greatest idea ever. "Oh my god."

My eyebrows furrow, "What?"

"You are coming to the party with me. That will definitely get your mind off of Wolfhard."