28

"How the fuck did she get my number, Josh?" I shout as I slam the door open, speed walking into his room.

"How did who get your number?" Josh rubs his eyes; he must have just woken up from a nap.

"Our mother." I toss my phone on his bed next to him and let him read the messages.

Now fully awake, he sits up and glances at the phone. "What the fuck?"

He seems to be trying to look for an excuse that would actually make sense. "Didn't she already have your number?"

"I've changed it like 3 times."

"Maybe you should call her." Josh sighs.

"Why would I do that?" I sometimes jokingly look at Josh like he's the most idiotic person in the world, but right now? He really is.

"Lucy, you're becoming depressed. I know this might sound stupid-" "It already does." "-but maybe you should go live with her for a while." Josh stands up and puts my phone back into my hand.

"No, screw that." I shake my head and back out of his room. Spinning on my heel, I break out into a jog back out the front door.

I don't realize where I'm running to until I'm stopped in front of his front door.

I raise my hand to knock, but the realization of what I was about to do hit me like a truck.

I was going to walk away but then Wyatt's voice started playing in my head. "Listen to him. Hear him out."

I mean that's better than listening to my brothers reasons on why I should go live with my mom, right?

I knock three times and wait for the door to open. It takes a few seconds, but it swings open, revealing Finn.

"Lucy? I didn't think you wanted to talk to me ever again." Finn invites me inside.

"Me neither, but it's better than talking to Josh right now." I sigh and sit on the couch.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Finn sits a good distance away, still cautious I guess. 

"My mom texted me that she was in town, and Josh thinks I should go live with her for a while because 'I'm depressed'."

"Maybe you should." Finn suggests.

The disgust evident on my face must've told him otherwise. "Why?"

"Why not? You haven't seen her in a while and every girl needs her mom sometimes." Finn moves closer and rests his hand on my hand.

We hold eye contact for a while, just sitting in silence.

"I really am sorry, by the way." Finn breaks eye contact and stares at his lap.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I forgive you. That doesn't mean I am okay with what happened." I bite the inside of my cheek.

"If I could, I would take it all back. Drinking, kissing her, hurting you most of all."

I shift so we are closer and I lean my head on his shoulder. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too." Finn whispers.

Then I did the one thing I told myself I would never do again.

I kissed Finn.

He froze up but kissed back, obviously startled with what was happening.

When we pulled away, I felt genuinely happy.

"Are you sure you wanted to do that?" Finn questions.

I shake my head, "No, but that doesn't really matter now."

We sat and talked about everything for a while, when Finn finally looked at his phone.

"Josh has been calling and texting me nonstop. You should probably call him." Finn sits up, giving me a serious look.

"Tell him I'm with you and I'm fine." I roll my eyes. "He tells me to go live in another fucking state and expects me to be alright with it."

"He's just trying to do what's best for you."

Well, I think the best thing for me is sitting right next to me. And if it turns out badly, Josh can say, 'I told you so.'