27

"Lucy, please talk to me." Josh sighs for the fifth time today.

"I'm tired." I lie straight through my teeth.

"You've been sleeping all day." Ronnie says from right beside me.

"I'm still tired."

Ronnie and I have been lying in bed watching Shameless because Ethan Cutkosky wouldn't do this to me.

"Damn it, Lucy. Just get up!" Josh hits my door, letting it slam to my wall with a big bang.

My heart races and I sit up. "Well I'm sorry that I'm fucking upset that my boyfriend cheated on me."

"Look, kid, I'm sorry. It's just frustrating because I didn't think this could happen; I never wanted to see you like this."

Ronnie chimes in, "How about you go and chill out and I'll take Lucy to go see Wyatt. He wanted to hang out and said we can come over."

Josh agreed and that's how we ended up sitting in Wyatt's living room talking about my problems.

I was sitting in between Wyatt's legs, my back was against his chest. His arms wrapped around me as if he was trying to comfort me with his hug.

"Do you think he didn't like me anymore. Do you think that's why he kissed that girl back?" I ask.

"I think he was drinking and didn't know what he was doing." Wyatt carefully responds.

I let that set in for a few minutes when Wyatt speaks up again, "Maybe you should talk to-"

"HIS PALMS ARE SWEATY, KNEES WEAK, ARMS ARE HEAVY." I scream, blocking out his stupid words.

"You know, let him talk this time-"

"THERE'S VOMIT ON HIS SWEATER ALREADY, MOMS SPAGHETTI."

"He probably could explain deeper if you just listen to-"

"HE'S NERVOUS. BUT ON THE SURFACE HE LOOKS CALM AND READY TO DROP BOMBS."

"Oh my god," Ronnie giggles, "Shut the fuck up and listen."

I roll my eyes, "I get it. Listen to Finn, hear him out, he's a good person. But I don't want to listen to him speak through the lips he used to kiss someone else with."

Wyatt chuckles, "I'm still right."

"BUT HE KEEPS ON FORGETTING WHAT HE WROTE DOWN. THE WHOLE CROWD GOES SO LOUD. HE OPENS HIS MOUTH BUT THE WORDS WON'T COME OUT."

A hand slips over my mouth, muffling my shouts.

"You're ruining the song." Ronnie groans. "Now I love that song only 99.99 percent."

"I'm a great singer and you know it." I tease them both, Wyatt's hand still on my mouth.

I poke my tongue out and lick his hand, leading to him shuttering in disgust. "Why would you do that?"

I shrug, "You wouldn't let go. It seemed necessary."

My phone dings twice and I hear Ronnie hum in confusion. 

"Hey Lucy, I know this is probably not the right time, but an unknown number texted you." Ronnie looks at the screen.

"What'd they say?"

"It's your Mom, and she's in town."