31

"I'm sorry, what?" I stop dead in my tracks.

"My girlfriend and I are moving here to California. We actually found a place not too far from where you and Josh are staying- about a 20 minute drive actually. We want you to live with us, not Josh." Mom takes my hand in hers to comfort me, I guess.

At least they aren't asking me to live with them in another state.

"Can I think about it?"

She nods and lets my hand go. "Just call me and let me know what you want to do. Either way, I'm back in your life, Lucy, and I'm not going anywhere this time."

I smile and say goodbye before heading in the path back to my apartment.

I take the stairs up and open the door, walking in to see Josh, Finn, Wyatt and Lucas sitting on the couch, discussing a video they plan on making.

Josh saw me and immediately followed me into my room and shut the door behind me. "How'd it go."

"Mom has a girlfriend and they want me to move in with them."

"What the fuck?"

"Which part Josh, cause they're both kindaaaa," I shrug, "I don't know."

"I meant the you moving in with them part." Josh paces around my room, "That's a little far don't you think? You don't seem to be stressing about it either."

"Oh, they're moving here to California so they can be closer to us." I sit down on my bed.

"Thank God. I was scared I would have to fly 30 thousand years away to see you again." Josh sits next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

I furrow my eyebrows. "So, you think I should do it then."

"What do you mean?" Josh faces me.

"You said you would have to fly, so you thought I was gonna do it." I pick at my nails.

"Well, like I told you before, maybe a change would be good for you. Plus, where would they move to? Which town?"

"She said a 20 minute drive. Not sure which town but that's all she said." I nibble on my lip.

"That's not far at all."

"So, what do you think I should do?" I sigh, rubbing my hands over my eyes.

Josh is quiet for a few moments, "How about when they move in, if they haven't already, we will go check the place out together. If it's nice and you like it, you live with them. If not, you stay here with me."

I nod and agree.

"I've gotta go back out there now, I kinda just left them hanging," Josh stands up and opens the door. "Everything will be okay."

"Yeah, I hope so." I stand up and follow him out.

"Hey guys." I wave to them all and go get a lemonade from the kitchen fridge.

"How'd it go?" Wyatt meets me in the kitchen.

"Pretty well, no fight or anything like that. She wants me to move in with her and her girlfriend."

"That's cool, as long as it's not too far." Wyatt hugs me from the side.

"20 minutes from here."

"As long as I don't have to miss you too much."

Finn walks in a short while later, just as Wyatt walks out.

"How's your mom?" Finn stands next to me, leaning against the counter.

"Good. She's moving 20 minutes away from here." I sip my lemonade.

"You gonna move in with her?" He asks.

"I'm not totally sure yet to be honest." I glance at him to see him staring at the side of my face.

"Well, I'm here for you." Finns hand rests on my shoulder, his thumb drawing circles.

I take a step back, "Thanks, Finn."

Ease into it, Lucy. Don't go back to him that fast.