32

"Are you watching a show... in spanish?" Finn sits himself down on my bed next to me.

Everyone left except for him of course. Josh is picking us up some Chipotle right now.

"Yeah, this show is so good!" I pause it.

"El Internado?"

"Ronnie's spanish class was watching it so I watched it with her and now I can't stop watching."

Finn hums in response as I press play again.

I don't know how I didn't realize it, but Finn was moving progressively closer to me by the second. I had finally noticed how close we were when his arm brushed up against mine.

I turn and eye the non existent space that is supposed to be between us.

As I look up again, the TV is paused and Finn is staring at me.

"I like you, Lucy."

The door slams open and Josh yells, "I'm back, bitches."

Haha.

"I'm hungry." I stand up and run out of there as fast as I can.

I ate my tacos as slow as I could and made sure to drag the conversation between Josh and I about my mom on as long as I could.

"I'm going to hang with some people tonight over at Lucas's place." Josh states, throwing out all of our garbage.

"I'll stay here with Lucy." Finn offers.

"Are you sure? I can have Ronnie come sleep over."

"No, I'll stay here." Finn gives me the stupid look he always gives me. 'Stop talking' is how I would like to describe it.

Fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

"Okay. Great. I'm gonna head out now." Josh picks up and puts his backpack up on his back.

Double fuck.

"See you later."

Josh walks out, leaving me and Finn alone in this apartment.

I walk back to my room and sit on my bed, praying that he wouldn't follow me yet.

Of course, Jesus might not have heard me clear enough because he sat down next to me right away.

Thanks, Jesus.

Playing the show once again, I focus my attention on the screen and try to ignore the fact that he is, once again, sitting very close to me.

The show pauses, but I just press the play button. When it pauses again, I go to reach for the remote but Finn throws it across the room.

"Can you stop ignoring me?" Finn turns his whole body to face me.

"I'm not ignoring you." To prove my point, I turn to face him as well.

"You're ignoring what I said to you before." Finn points out.

"What do you want me to say, Finn?" I sigh. "We dated and you cheated on me then lied about it. That ruined what we had. Sure our relationship was great, but the friendship we had to back it up was literally the best friendship I had. Ever!"

Finn nods, like he's agreeing with every word I said. "I miss it, Finn. I really do."

"I do, too." Finn whispers, loud enough for me to hear. "I fucked everything up and I'm sorry, but can't you see I'm trying to fix it?"

"What are you trying to fix?" I stare him dead in the eye. "Our friendship, or our relationship?"

"Both. I like you a lot, Lucy. I loved what we had. I mean, who else can say that they were best friends for so long before they started dating?"

I think about our conversation for a while before coming to the conclusion I needed.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"I will help build our friendship again."

I don't know how I'm gonna survive, but I will.

Hopefully.