7. Promise

"Hey! What are you doing here alone crying?"  A small boy asked another boy who was crouching down in the middle of a local park.

A tan skinned boy in glasses lift his face from his knees, tears were still lingering on his cheeks. He wiped his cheeks with his sleeves and shook his head "mind your own business" he said then buried his face back in his knees.

"Geez! I was just being a caring person. You're rude." The other boy frowned which made seokjin cried even more

"S-sorry!" Seokjin's groaned even louder choking in his own tears

"Oh my god! I didnt mean to make you feel bad" Another boy leaned down toward the glassed boy and swept off the tears on seokjin's face. "What's your name? I hope we can be friends"

"J-Just call me jinnie..my classmates and teacher c-called me that" seokjin was still snorting in between words "yours?" He looked up to the other boy with his big eyes

"Call me Monnie!" The boy exclaimed

"M-monnie? That's a weird name" seokjin said

"I call myself rap monster because i want to be the best rapper in south korea!" He proudly hit his chest "so monnie is a short term of it" he smiled revealing his deep dimples "If you think it's weird then..." He brushed his chin in contemplation "just call me nammie!! My mom called me that all the time even though i told her i want to be called Monnie!" He furrowed his brows a bit.

"O-okay, Nammie~" seokjin finally smiled and hazily which made namjoon blushed a little

"How old are you jinnie?" Namjoon asked

"12. You?" Seokjin replied

"I'm turning 11 in a week...so you're my hyung!"

"No way...you're taller than me!" Seokjin pouted

"But..what are you doing here crying?" Namjoon brought up the topic again

Seokjin's smile curved back to a slight frown "my eomma and appa are in a fight again..it's loud and scary..i hated it. So i ran out here.."

Namjoon leaned to hugged the older boy and patted seokjin's back "it's okay, jinnie ah, i'll protect you!"

"Yah, shouldnt you be calling me Hyung?"

"I'm taller than you!  Everybody who sees me will think i'm older hehehe. It's good that way, so i can protect you" he gave seokjin the brightest grin.

"Nammie ahhh! Where are you?" Namjoon heard his mom calling for him as she walked toward the two boys "there you are!!" She sighed in relieved "oh, you made a friend? Who is he. Never seem him before"

"Eomma! This is my new friend, jinnie." Namjoon's mom looked at seokjin who was too shy to make an eye contact with her "he said that his parents were in a fight so he ran out of his house until it settles down" he added

Namjoon's mom crouched down to Seokjin's height "aww, poor boy. He shouldnt be feeling frightened at such a young age. Namjoon ah, be good to him okay?"

Namjoon hummed and nodded in excitement "of course!"

Namjoon's mom looked back at seokjin "look, jinnie. I'd love namjoon to play with you further but we have to go somewhere right now"

Seokjin just shyly nodded as namjoon ran toward seokjin again "jinnie ah! I'll be back here tomorrow around this time. You need to come back here so we can play together, okay? You cant ditch me"