When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x Reader) Pt6.

Once we got to Mr. Hughes office, Jake waited outside and I went in first. I had met with the boss before, he wasn't exactly known to be kind and considerate. But when I opened the door, instead of the boss, there was a woman sitting in his chair, wearing a low-cut blue dress with a red scarf.

(Y/N): "Um, I'm sorry, but. Where's Mr. Huges? And who are you?"

Woman: "I'm afraid Mr. Hughes is gone. You work for me now."

(Y/N): "You still haven't answered my second question. Who are you?''

Woman: "Ada Wong.''

(Y/N): "Who?''

Ada: "Do as I say, and go tell Mr. Muller to get in here."
There was something about her... Something I just couldn't trust. I stepped outside the door, and tapped Jake on the shoulder.

(Y/N): "Hey, correct me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't Mr. Hughes fly solo?"

Jake: "What do you mean?"

(Y/N): " Ya know, like he doesn't have any help of ANY kind? No assistants, no nothin' like that? Because there's a woman in there saying he's gone, and we work for her now.''

Jake: "The hell?"

(Y/N): "She wants the both of us in there, 'do as I say' blah blah blah. I already don't like her."

Jake: "I don't blame you."
Jake practically threw the door open.

Jake: "Excuse me, but, who the hell are you!?!"

Ada: "Your new boss."
She threw a file down on the desk, a photo of a man and a woman clipped to the front.

Ada: "Those two are your next targets. Now, be good little soldiers, and do as you're told.''
Jake picked up the file and opened it.

Ada: "Now, run along before i have you removed."
He closed the file, and walked out the door, closing it behind us.

Jake: "So, your place or mine?"