When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt18.

Jake: "If they decide to say 'fuck it' and clear out all future targets at once...."

(Y/N): "We're fucked."

Jake: "Unless we get to them before they get to us."

(Y/N): "OK, how?"

Jake: "No quicker kill then a headshot. And a captain is the head of the alpha team."

(Y/N): "You think we can snag him? That's not gonna be easy. We're gonna need a plan."

Jake: "Been workin' on one since we left the office."
I smiled at him and nodded.
------------------------------- time-skip-------------------------------
I stared at him, my jaw practically on the floor.

(Y/N): "THAT? THAT'S your plan?"

Jake: "Yeah. It's not much of one, but it's something we can at least work on."

(Y/N): "Let me get this straight...We follow their next mission, go UNDERCOVER and do what now?"

Jake: "Take down the whole team from the inside."

(Y/N): "You're crazy."

Jake: "OK, well, you got a bett-"

(Y/N): "Which is why I think it's perfect. And also because I love crazy. Obviously."
I walked over to the couch and sat next him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Jake: "Love crazy huh?"

(Y/N): "Uh huh."
He shot me a playful smile.

Jake: "Hmmm."

(Y/N): "What?"

Jake: "Not too sure I believe that."

(Y/N): "Wow, OK!"
I giggled and turned to face him.

(Y/N): "OK then....Let me show you."
I looked him in the eyes for a second before kissing him so gently I started crying.
-------------------------------Jake P.O.V. -------------------------------
moved a hand up to the right side of her face and my other to her lower back. I pulled away and she had tears in her eyes and the biggest smile on her face.

Jake: "Hey, are you OK?"

(Y/N): "No. No, I'm fantastic."
-------------------------------Your P.O.V. -----------------------------
Of all things, the phone in my apartment started ringing.

(Y/N): "Ugh...Dammit."
It rang again, I would swear even louder than the first time.

Jake: "You, uh...You'd better get that. Might be important."
I got off his lap and walked over to the phone on the kitchen counter.

-------------------------------Jake P.O.V. -------------------------------
She turned to walk away and I noticed something I never saw before. She answered the phone and I could hear what she was saying.

(Y/N): "Hello? Yes, he's here, with me. For me? Thats impossible, I don't have a-......Alright, we'll be right down."
She hung up and turned around with a stunned, blank look on her face.

Jake: "What? What happened?"

(Y/N): "That was the boss. She uh....She said my sister is here to see me."

Jake: "I didn't know you have a sister."

(Y/N): "I don't."