When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt27.

------------------------------- time-skip-------------------------------
That was two weeks ago....
Now, we've made our way back to the US, to California. Myself, Jake, Alex, Stasia and whoever decided to follow us. In a way, there WAS no boss. But, that also meant no jobs...Which meant almost no money for anyone.

(Y/N): "We need to figure out a plan, we can't just keep everyone waiting on things to fall into place."
Jake was still in the cast, but he basically said 'Screw this' to the chair. He was sitting on the bed, his crutches next to him. In total, there were only 12 of us, despite the dozens of others that agreed with us in Edonia.

Jake: "I know, but what can we do right now?"

(Y/N): "I still say we go after the B.S.A.A., we can still take them down."

Jake: "(Y/N), that might've been possible before, with backup. But we don't have that now."

(Y/N): "Don't have that now?!? Jake, we have 10 other people to back us. Not to mention that WE could probably take them down in one hit between the two of us. We were planning on it already. It was YOUR plan to begin with!"
I sat on the bed next to him.

Jake: "(Y/N), we were too late. You KNOW the information they found last week. That was a direct B.S.A.A. attack. THEY even lost a few people. They were gonna take US out before we ever had the chance to get our feet under us. And they got what they wanted, we got hit hard. But we need to stop and think before we act. If we take another hit like that we're not gonna come out of it again."

(Y/N): "We WILL if we attack from the inside! Jake, please, listen to me!"

Jake: "Listen to ME. We almost lost everything back there, I almost lost everything!"

(Y/N): "This isn't JUST about YOU, Jake! Almost EVERYONE here lost everything! Please, just trust m-"

Jake: "I'M NOT ABOUT TO RISK LOSING YOU AGAIN!"
My shoulders dropped, and my arms fell to my sides.

Jake: "I can't lose you. THAT, would be losing my everything. Maybe that's selfish, but you know what, I don't care. I'm not doing something that could get you hurt or killed."

(Y/N): "Jake....."
I took a deep breath and pulled him close to me.

(Y/N): "OK. You're not gonna lose me, I promise."
I pulled away and held out my hand.

(Y/N): "Here. Hold my heart, and let me keep holding yours."
------------------------------- time-skip-------------------------------
Alex: "So that's it? We're not fighting back? Those bastards take EVERYTHING from us and we do nothing?"

Stasia: "Alex."
She put a hand on his shoulder and he sat back down, letting out a deep breath.

Alex: "I'm sorry. This just pisses me off! They deliver an EFFECTIVE heavy hit, and we have nothing to hit back with."

(Y/N): "No one is happy about it. But if we try to attack now, we're gonna lose EVERYONE. Even each other."

Jake: "I'm not about to lose you, or ANYONE for that matter. But especially not you three."

(Y/N): "And look, karma's a bitch. They'll get what's coming to them...Eventually."

Stasia: "And in the meantime?"

Jake: "In the meantime we get smarter, move on to the base in Florida. I sent Andrew ahead of us yesterday, tell 'em we're headed there soon."

(Y/N): "We're gonna need transport."

Alex: "I think I can help with that. I have....Connections."

Jake: "Then let's get moving as soon as we can."