When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt17.

We managed to make our way back to Edonia, and back to our base. I took Jake back to my apartment and started to clean him up. His eye was half open now, but the bruising was still a bitch. I poured peroxide onto a cotton ball and sat on the coffee table, with Jake on the couch in front of me.

(Y/N): "OK, hold still. She really did a number on you."
I changed into a camisole and jean-shorts, Jake was still in his bloody tank top and black pants, his jacket thrown over the back of the couch.

Jake: "Yeah, you could say that. Course SHE never gave me an eyeful like you did earlier."
I patted the cotton ball along the cut running from under his eye to his jaw, he didn't even flinch.

(Y/N): "What do you mean?"

Jake: "Well, I didn't think it was appropriate to mention at the time, but. When you reached back for Alex when the chopper crashed, your blouse tore all the way down the middle. Never woulda' guessed you to be one for lacy bras. I mean I wasn't TRYING to stare, since we were all about to die. But-"

(Y/N): "But you didn't try NOT to either, right?"
He smiled and broke eye contact, instead looking at my lips. The blood had dried over the cut by now. I don't know why, but I got the idea that we were knocked out longer than we first thought.

(Y/N): "What?"
I put 4 butterfly bandages on his cheek, closing the cut.

Jake: "Just, you."
Something in his eyes changed. Not in a bad way. In fact, I'd actually say the change was something...Attractive.

(Y/N): "What's that look about? I'm not complaining, just, curious."

Jake: "Nothing."
He put his hand on mine and pulled me into his lap.

(Y/N): "Nothing, huh?"
He put his hands on my shoulders and kissed me. I kissed him back and put a hand on his neck, and the other on the back of his head. He started trying to lean me onto my back, moving from my lips to my neck, until I stopped him.

(Y/N): "Jake, wait."
He pulled away and looked me dead in the eyes.

Jake: "What's the matter?"

(Y/N): "OK, don't take this the wrong way...I'm just..Not there yet."

Jake: "Not where?"

(Y/N): "Um, how do I wanna say this? It's not that I don't WANT to....Go there, with you. It's just that I've never gone there."

Jake: "OK."

(Y/N): "At all."
He pulled me close to him and laid back on the couch, I snuggled up to him, my face in his neck.

Jake: "OK. Don't worry. I'm not gonna put you in a position you're not comfortable in. Whenever you're ready to, I'm right here."
I wrapped my arms around him, kissing his right cheek.

(Y/N): "Honestly? I'm perfectly happy just being here with you. Even if it's just like this."
We just stayed that way, for who knows how long. All I remember is falling asleep to the sound of Jake's heartbeat, and feeling his arms around me.
-------------------------------Jake P.O.V.-------------------------------
I must've seemed like such an asshole. Being perfectly honest, there was just something about her that made me want to be as close as to her possible. I didn't care that she wasn't ready, honestly. We ended up falling asleep like that, only waking up when it was dark outside and there was heavy knocking on the door.

Alex: "It's me, open up!"
I don't know how ANYONE could still be asleep through that, but (Y/N) was, so I did my best to get up without waking her up. I covered her with my jacket and went to the door.
-------------------------------Alex P.O.V.--------------------------------
I could hear (Y/N) moving behind the door, so I knocked again.