When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt22.

Jake toppling over under a mattress through the door, with Alex almost in tears laughing.

(Y/N): "Jesus Christ, Jake!"
All that was sticking out from under the mattress were his feet and a hand. A hand that then stuck up a middle finger. That just made everyone laugh.

(Y/N): "Yeah, you wish. Not yet, cowboy! Alright, gimme a sec."
I gripped one end of the mattress, Alex took the other.

Alex: "One, two, three!"
We managed to lift it and put it up against the door-frame.

Stasia: "Hey Jake. Nice trip?"
She was very playful, almost childish in a sense.

Jake: "Oh, she's funny. Guess it runs in the family."
He walked by and gave a quick squeeze to the left side of my butt.

(Y/N): "OK, I'll get you back for that later."

Jake: "Ooh, promise?"

Alex: "OK, here's your bed away from home. Anything else you n-"
-------------------------------Alex P.O.V.--------------------------------
I completely froze. Those light blue eyes just cut through me like a knife. I felt like such an idiot, but i couldn't NOT say something to her. So I walked up to her.

Alex: "Uh, hey. I'm Alex. Um, obviously."
She gave me the sweetest smile and laugh.

Stasia: "Anastasia, but I tend to go by Stasia. You uh...You stick around here?"
I saw her smile get a bit bigger.

Alex: "Yeah, I'm in apartment upstairs. Nice name, by the way. You, uh...You stickin' here for a while?"

Stasia: "Yeah, kinda until further notice actually."
I flinched when the phone rang.
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
(Y/N): "I got it."
I walked over to the phone on the counter.

(Y/N): "Hello?"
It was the boss.

Ada: "You sound chipper. Have you seen that idiot pilot? I need to brief him."

(Y/N): "He's here with us."

Ada: "Us?"

(Y/N): "When do you want me to send him down?"

Ada: "Now."
She hung up without another word.

(Y/N): "Goodbye to you, too."
I came back to Jake and put an arm around him, hugging onto his back.

Jake: "These two are getting along well. Who was on the phone? Don't tell me I got a lost brother waiting for me downstairs."
I laughed.

(Y/N): "No, not this time. It was her royal bitchiness. She's lookin' for Alex."
The two of them were still talking. Like they didn't want to have to walk away.

Jake: "Think we should tell him yet?"

(Y/N): "Better. If WE don't she'll just send someone up to get him."
I walked away from Jake and over to Stasia.

(Y/N): "Hey, sorry but, the boss just called. She's looking for you Alex."

Alex: "Right. I, uh...I'd better get goin'. But, uh, hey. Stasia, see you around?"

Stasia: "Definitely."
After he left, she turned around and her cheeks were so red.

(Y/N): "So, Alex, huh?"

Stasia: "What do you mean?"

(Y/N): "Oh, like YOU didn't see the way he was looking at you. And I'm sure HE noticed how you were too. I haven't even known you for a full day yet, but I know enough to see a major mood change."

Stasia: "Well...I mean...He IS cute."

(Y/N): "Knew it! Believe me, he thinks the same about you too."
-------------------------------Alex P.O.V.--------------------------------
I can't believe it. I can't believe what she wants us to do. When I get back to my apartment, I give Jake's apartment a call. No answer.

Alex: "Huh, must still be at (Y/N)'s."
*BANG*