When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt32.

Jake: "Then there's gotta be another way out."
I looked behind him and stopped dead in my tracks.

(Y/N: "Jake."
He turned around and flinched when he saw Edgar Thompson standing behind him, aiming a handgun at us.

Edgar: "Stop where you are, and I'll tell the snipers to drop their guns."
I leaned all my weight against him and he put his hands up. Edgar's voice was booming, the kind of voice that you could hear from a different room. Booming, and spine-chillingly threatening.

Jake: "Just let us go, Edgar. We don't want trouble."

Edgar: "It has a way of finding you. It always has, and it always will. Unless I make sure it can't."
He snapped his fingers and walls of solid metal slid down where the door and windows were. The Stasia stepped next to him, Devin's around her.

Stasia: "Hey there, sugar."

(Y/N): "Please. I need to know. Were you telling me the truth? Was Devin? Or were you lying when you said you were my sister?"
She rolled up her sleeve. Revealing a birthmark. Faint, but real.

Stasia: "It had faded a bit over the years, so I darkened it with a little makeup. By the time I hit 20, it was almost completely gone."

(Y/N): "What about the Shovians. Or the Shevans, or whatever their name is now? Were THEY real?"

Stasia: "There was a family that took me in. But it was the Thompsons. Mom trusted them back then, even if they are double agents. Everything I told you was true, aside from that. Even started to trust you. But anytime I almost trusted you, or let you in. I remembered how you just left Devin behind to save yourself. Then, it was easy to keep my distance."
The cuffs on my wrists made my skin sore, and my throat was scraped. But I still wanted to charge at her with everything I had, sister or not.

(Y/N): "What I did!?! If I didn't go when I did, I would've died. How was I supposed to know that he was still alive? His body went limp, his face went blank. I was bleeding out and dying. Hell, I was dead at one point. And you think I betrayed YOU?"

Edgar: "ENOUGH! This ends now!"
I saw a red dot on the side of Jake's head.

(Y/N): "GET DOWN!"
I pushed him to the ground, dropping onto his back. There was no way out, no doors or windows. We got back on our feet and took cover behind a crumbled wall. They started firing machine guns, chipping away at the wall.

(Y/N): ''Jake, what do we do?"
He looked at me, and for the first time, I saw fear in his eyes.

Jake: "We....I don't know."
Then my heart sank.

(Y/N): "Jake. We're not getting out of here, are we?"
He didn't answer me, he just pulled me close and held me.

Jake: "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I can't get us out. If we don't make it out of here. I need you to know something."

(Y/N): "What?"

Jake: "You've made me feel more alive than I have in years. When my mom died, I had NO ONE. Then you come along, and I feel like nothing can touch me. Like nothing can hurt me. You've been the only thing I need. I love you."

(Y/N): "I love you too. You have made me feel so safe, and made me fall so hard for you. But you made it so easy to, that it was like breathing."
Tears ran down his face as he pulled me close. I balled up to his chest machine guns stopped...and there was the sound of metal hitting the cement floor. My eyes instantly recognized what it was.

(Y/N): "GRENADE!!"