When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt30.

Jake: "What Are we gonna do? We'll never catch up to them now!"

Alex: "I don't know, did you hear them saying anything?"
I tried to think, until I remembered hearing about some 'thank you' note upstairs.

Jake: "Get the truck started, I gotta check upstairs."
He nodded and I ran inside and up the stairs. When I got there the door was on the ground, both bedroom and front door.

Jake: "What the hell happened here?"
I looked on the couch and sure enough, there was a crumpled note on the middle cushion.

'Jacob,
If you want your little fighter back, come get her. Meet us at the bridge, midnight, in two days. By then, we'll have what we need out of her. Then it's your turn. Thanks for the leverage. See you soon.'

Jake: "Fuck!"
I ran back downstairs and to the truck, hopping into the driver's seat. I handed Alex the note.

Alex: "Son of a bitch. We gotta beat 'em there."
The tires screeched, the truck jerked and we tore outta there like a bat outta hell.
------------------------------- time-skip-------------------------------
We must've been driving for at least 10 miles, towards the bridge. Then something hit me like a brick wall.

Jake: "Wait. Her phone. Her phone can be traced."
I pulled over and got my phone out. I scrolled through my contacts until I saw 'Hot Shot'. When I put her number into 'find my iPhone', the red dot was moving towards the old factory where I hid from Luca...15 miles in the opposite direction.

Jake: "They're not at the bridge, they're in the factory. We gotta go back."
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
When I opened my eyes, or tried to, there was a small beam of light seeping into the room. My head felt like it should've been bleeding.

(Y/N): "What the hell just happened? Where am I?"
I heard a voice from somewhere in the room. I knew it in a heartbeat.

Devin: "Mornin' angel. How's your head? You were bleeding pretty bad for a while. Didn't mean to hit you that hard, so I figured it was only right I patch you up. Couple stitches and a little bandage and you're good as new. Hey. HEY!"
I flinched when he yelled at me. That's when I noticed a pull on my neck. I was chained round my neck and wrists were chained behind my back, ankles tied with a rope.

(Y/N): "Dev, c'mon. I KNOW YOU! What, they got somethin on you? I can help, OK? Just help me get out of here and back to Jake!!"

Devin: "Still so sweet, even after I almost split your head open."
I felt a pain in my stomach. I looked down at myself and saw bruises all over me, even on my chest.

(Y/N): "What am I, a punching bag?"

Devin: "You were earlier."
He came over and yanked my head back by my hair. He was next to me, kneeling down.

Devin: "Hate to break it to ya' angel, but they don't have SHIT on me! To be honest, I was just in this for the hell of it at first. Then YOU came into the picture and then it all changed. Then...It was about revenge."
He shoved my head back down and got up.

(Y/N): "Revenge? Revenge for what?"
He laughed and for the first time, it sent chills down my spine.

Devin: "For what? You really don't get it do you? When they got you out, did you even ask if I made it out?"

(Y/N): "I thought you died in my arms, why would I ask a question I thought I knew the answer to?"

Devin: "DID YOU EVEN STOP, FOR ONE SECOND, TO CHECK? FOR A PULSE, A BREATH, ANYTHING!?! No, you just went on your way like nothing ever happened."

(Y/N): "WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO, SIT IN A CORNER AND CRY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!?! When I thought I lost you, it hurt so bad it felt like I was gonna die! I cried EVERY SINGLE DAY, begging to wake up from whatever nightmare i was living in, but I never did! Then Jake came into my life, and for the first time in YEARS, I felt safe again, I felt alive again! Please. If you were EVER the Devin I thought I fell in love with back then, let me go. Let be with who I'm meant to be with. Please."
For a split second, I though I had gotten through to him. But that second passed, along with a slap to the face.

Devin: "Just wait. I haven't gotten to the best part yet."