When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt11.

I closed my eyes and waited for the cold shock of the water. I was surprised when I hit the water and it was warm. Jake made it to the surface, no problem. I was the one in trouble.
-------------------------------Jake P.O.V.-------------------------------
When I made it to the surface of the water, I automatically looked for (Y/N). But I couldn't find her anywhere. I dove back under the water and tried to find her, but the river kept pushing me away. When I found her, her parachute had gotten caught on a rock, holding her under. I tried to swim over to her, but I was hardly gaining an inch. I managed to unhook MY chute and let it rush down the river. Losing the weight of the chute made it easier, and I made my way to her. I didn't even bother trying to untangle the cords, I Just took my pocket knife and cut through them. I put an arm around her and pulled her to the surface. When I got her on land, I could barely see the base in the distance. But I didn't care right now, she wasn't breathing. I tried shaking her, calling her, nothing worked.

Jake: "(Y/N)! C'mon, wake up! Please wake up! (Y/N)!"
Nothing. I laid her on the ground on her back and started trying CPR. 5 pushes on her chest, then a breath. I did that 6 times before she woke up, choking up water. I sat her up and helped her lean forward.

(Y/N): "Wha-....What the hell just happened? Jesus, my head!"
There was a small but deep cut in the back of her head, blood running down her neck.

Jake: "Jesus Christ, you scared the shit outta me! Looks like you banged your head and got knocked out. You're bleeding pretty good, I gotta stitch it up."
She looked at her watch and shook her head.

(Y/N): "We don't have time, the deal's goin' down in ten minutes. You can help me AFTER we take them down, I'll be fine."
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
I got to my feet, I admit a bit dizzy, and followed Jake towards the base. After running for five minutes, we arrived at the base just as the dealers pulled up. They were wearing suits and came in big black pick-up trucks, a tarp covering weapons mounding in the back of all three. We managed to stay hidden behind a nearby bush.

(Y/N): "Jesus Christ, how many weapons are they trading!?! There's gotta be at least 50 grand in one truck alone."

Jake: "More then that. We need to wait for the right time. Here's the plan: I take out the guys in the suits with snipe, then you come in, after that it's all physical combat guns or not, you cover me and take out whoever you can, including the Thompson's."
I nodded as Lena, Edgar AND Analyse walked out of the base, towards the trucks.

(Y/N): "Well well, speak of the devil. Right on time."
They walked to the truck in front, opening a briefcase, I assume with the money inside. Jake signaled for me to move in, and I was able to keep hidden as I did. I looked back to where Jake was still hiding, and I saw him line up the first shot. He put a hand to his com-link.

Jake: "Set when you are."

(Y/N): "Set."
-------------------------------Jake P.O.V.-------------------------------
I took a deep breath and held it, keeping myself steady. I rolled my neck, cracking it in a couple spots, and looked back through my scope....Only to see a gun pointed right at me.
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
I saw one of the guys in a suit aim a Magnum handgun right where Jake was.

Jake: "SHIT!"
He shot the gun out of the man's hand, taking a finger with it. I ran out and jumped two guys to the ground, Jake following me soon after. I saw Lena making a run towards Jake from behind.

(Y/N): "JAKE, FLANKER, LENA!"
He spun around and swept her feet out from under her, dropping her to the ground.

Jake: "TURN AROUND!"
Too late, right as I turned, the blade of a knife dragged across my lips, even slicing my gums. Jake had managed to shoot both Lena AND Edgar. Not dead, but down. I was on my knees, pinned under the guy that slashed my lips. He put a knee on my chest, I couldn't breathe.

Man: "What's the matter, kitten? Cat got your-"
I saw a bullet land right between his eyes. He dropped on top of me and I pushed him off and gasped for air. My vision was blurred, but I could see a figure behind Jake. My chest hurt too much, I couldn't warn him. She punched him and tackled him to the ground. I heard a strong Russian accent and I knew who it must've been.

Analyse: "Well well, Jake Muller. What brings you back to these parts?"
She looked over at me, still getting my bearings.

Analyse: "She your new little girlfriend?"
My vision had cleared, and I could see him shoot me a wink. That's when I realized she was holding a knife to his throat. He gave me a look I could read perfectly...'Trust me'.

Jake: "Your point being? Anything's better then whatever the hell we were."
She gripped the knife tighter, putting it to his chest. I ran, as best I could, but kept falling down. I think he broke my rib or something.

Analyse: "I'm going to enjoy this."

Jake: "You're not gonna kill me Ana. Cause as much as I hate to even THINK of when we were together, I KNOW everything you said to me, every time you saved my ass....It was genuine. Somewhere you still care."
I knew what he was doing, he was stalling. I was almost completely steadied and picked up my pace.

Analyse: "I-....YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME! Not anymore!"
I was finally at a full run. I jumped up and kicked her off him. She stayed on her side for a few seconds before getting up, spitting blood.

Analyse: "You want to play rough? Fine...Let's play."
She adjusted her grip on the knife, running towards me. I dodged her first swing, and her second only cut my shirt open a bit. I ran over to where the guy that had me pinned was and took the gun from his pocket. I turned around and she jumped on me and pinned my shoulders to one of the trucks. I looked over and saw Jake, out cold, with his face bleeding. He must've bashed his head when I kicked her. Analyse looked at him too, letting out an insane chuckle. Whatever was left of her humanity was long gone. I knew there was only one way out of this for me.

Analyse: "Pity, I might've still had some use for him. Oh well, you know what they say: 2 birds, 1 stone. Or in this case: 2 agents, 1 mission."
She put an arm across my chest, holding the knife to my throat.

(Y/N): "Not today, and sure as hell not like this."
I pulled the gun out from behind my back and put it to the middle of her chest.

(Y/N): "Lights out."
I pulled the trigger of the machine pistol and sent her staggering back. After a few seconds she dropped to her knees, breathing one last breath. I dropped the gun and ran to Jake.

(Y/N): "Jake? JAKE! C'mon, c'mon snap out of it."
I put a hand over the slice in his left cheek. He was breathing, but bleeding from his head. I felt a gun against my back. As soon as he spoke I was stunned.