When We Were Mercs (Jake Muller x reader) Pt23.

Alex: "WHAT THE HELL!?!?"
The shots kept coming, from machine guns by the rate they were firing. I ducked behind the couch and pulled out my shotgun. I checked to see if it was loaded.

Alex: "Dammit!"
Why do I never remember to load this thing?
-------------------------------Your P.O.V.-------------------------------
(Y/N): "So, what do you think of Jake?"

Stasia: "Honestly?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. C'mon, he's down getting stuff outta HIS place, no filter needed."
I handed her a cup of coffee and sat next to her.

Stasia: "He's perfect! Not just physically, but I can already tell....He really cares about you. Even the way he was holding your hand earlier in the office, tells me he'd do anything to protect you."
Suddenly gunfire breaks out on the outside of the building.

Stasia: "What the hell!?!!"

(Y/N): "Get in the bathroom, lock the door!"
She ran and held the door open.

Stasia: "C'MON, GET IN HERE!"

(Y/N): "I need to handle this, and I need to find Jake! If I'm not back in 10 minutes, RUN! Down the fire escape!!"
I busted through the door, locking it behind me. Jake lived in an apartment right below mine, and I saw dropped boxes and clothes farther behind him down the hall. He was ahead of me, I managed to catch up to him.

Jake: "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?"

(Y/N): "THAT WASN'T ON YOUR SIDE OF THE BUILDING?"

Jake: "NO, THAT WAS ON.....SHIT, ALEX!!"
He ran ahead of me, by about 10 feet. He stopped outside Alex's apartment.

Jake: "ALEX, IT'S ME, OPEN UP!"
No answer, just continued firing.

Alex: "I CAN'T GET TO YOU, KICK IT DOWN, IT'S LOCKED!"

Jake: "Step back."
He backed up down the hall a few steps.

(Y/N): "NO, LET ME DO IT!"
I ran to the other end of the hall, to the stairs, and tore of running. I launched into the air and took the door down with one hit, landing on top of it. BIG mistake.

(Y/N): "ALEX, WHERE ARE Y- SON OF A BITCH!"
A bullet went right through me, just under the left side of my ribs. I dropped to my knees, holding my side.

Jake: "(Y/N)!"
He ran to me, trying to pick me up.

(Y/N): "I'M FINE, GET ALEX!"

Jake: "LIKE HELL!"
He pulled out a flash grenade.

Jake: "AJ, I CAN'T SEE YOU. JUST TELL ME WHICH WINDOW THEIR SHOOTING FROM."

Alex: "BOTH BEHIND THE TV AND THE KITCHEN WINDOW!"
He pulled a second flash.

Jake: "ALEX, EYES DOWN!"
He pulled the pins on both and threw them out the windows. I could hear shouts and struggle outside. He put an arm around me, holding my side and put my arm across his shoulders, and lifted me up.

Jake: "I SLOWED 'EM DOWN, RUN NOW!!"

(Y/N): "Jake...G-Go with Alex, I'll catch up."

Jake: "Over my dead body."
He put his right arm behind my legs and picked me up, bridal style. I screamed and put my other arm around his neck.

Jake: "Just keep your head down. head down, eyes on me!"
He tore off running with me in his arms, Alex up ahead of us. My body went cold when I remembered.

(Y/N): "Stasia. W-We need to get......Sta......."
I felt so cold as everything slowly went black, and guns started firing again.

-------------------------------Jake P.O.V.-------------------------------
Jake: "NO, GODDAMMIT! EYES OPEN!"
Her left arm fell from across the front of my shoulders and her head fell against my chest. Blood was dripping from between my fingers.

Alex: "C'MON, PICK UP THE PACE!"

Jake: "(Y/N)'S DOWN, REGROUP IN HER APARTMENT!"

Alex: "WHY THERE?"

Jake: "STASIA'S STILL IN THERE!"

Alex: "YOU GOTTA BE SHITTIN' ME!"

Jake: "AFTER WE GET HER I KNOW WHERE WE CAN GO!"
He ran down the stairs, skipping every other one.

Jake: "SHIT!"
I dropped, holding her close to my chest, falling on my back.

Alex: "JAKE!"
He ran back up the stairs.

Jake: "TAKE HER, I CAN KEEP GOING! JUST KEEP YOUR HAND ON THE BLEEDING!"
He took her and ran down one last flight of stairs towards her apartment stairs, looking back over his shoulder.

Jake: "JUST GO, I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"

(A/N, I strongly recommend listening to Skillet's "whispers in the dark" with this.  It fits perfectly)