chapter 4: the loner life

**photo above is Mags!**

"ok so you have everything then?" my mom asked the babysitter for the billionth time.

"yes, yes i do!" glimson, the babysitter says.

My mom has been standing at the door making sure everything is set for today. she does this pretty much everytime my little sister isnt at day care. you could say shes over protective sometimes, not really for me though because i think she knows i can survive on my own for a bit.

HA yeah right, i cant even find my way home, my mom never found out about that by the way. thank god my babysitter can keep a secret.

shes kinda older, id say mid 40s. pretty nice other then the times shes in a bad mood. not that it effects me, shes only Libbys watch dog.

oh! by the way Libby is my 4 year old sister.

Its been a week since i found out Jace lived across from me, i havent talked to him since.

Ive seen him leave to school on his motorcycle and a few time leaving late at night but thats it.

ive wanted to say hi or something but im scared he will hit me or something, he just doesnt seem as aproachable as he did that one night when i was lost.

oh well, at least i wont die! Mags nearly had a heart attack when i told her what happened.... HA good times.

---

once my mom dropped me off at school i walked off to my locker.

by the way in case your wondering, no other slime incident has happened. thank gosh for that seriously, it felt cool but also sucked balls.

"Hey hey!" mags says from beside me.

"sup dude." i say as i grab my books.

i look at her and realize she doesnt have her books with her... thats odd normally we walk to class together.

"where are your books?" i ask.

"hehe see about that...."

"Mags..... "

"imgoingonavollyballtournamentformyoutofschoolteamsoimonlyheresoicouldtellyouinperson!!" she rambles, i literally didnt catch any of that except for the first word.

"mhhmmm mmhhmm so can you repeat that? maybe you know... slower this time." i say with an eyeroll.

she sighs before continuing "im going on a vollyball tournament for the rest of the week, its for my cougars team...."

i know, funny name for a team right? thats the name of her out of sschool team,  the one she does in school hasnt started yet.

waitt...... OH NO.

"But then im all alone.... all week!?" i say while panicking.

this hasnt happened during school before, im used to being alone at school but not all day, normally just for a couple lunches or something.

"I know im so sorry! my coach told me on friday and i forgot to tell you..." she says sadly.

"when are you leaving?" i say with a frown.

im actually going to miss her, not only because i will be alone but because shes my bestfriend for petes sake! she means alot to me! oh gosh im goin sappy, abort these thoughts beatrice.

"right now..." she mumbles.

my eyes widen at that "ok well its only a week, right?" i say as i reach out to give her a hug.