Chapter 12: part 2: stuck in a horror movie

"Alright i dare you to ask the ouija board a question!" Darren says to Jace.

Oh no. I completely believe in ghosts and evil spirits and all that so i completely am not ok with this.

Jace looks unsure until he gets up determination clear on his face.

"Okay." He then goes into the basement emerging with non other then the ouija board itself.

Oh gosh, oh holly mother of sloth.

"I would rather do bloody Mary then this!" I say.

"Relax. I wont ask it anything serious, just like... when will you die." He says casually.

My eyes widen and i stare at him. "Umm no you wont! Ok ive heard alot of stories when people do that! And its never good so i swear if-

"Beatie, i would never do that to you." He says and grabs my shoulders. "Dont worry, ill ask it my favourite colour or something."

I relax a little and say ok before grabbing a pillow and sitting in front of the board.

The pillow isn't to sit on by the way, its to hold onto for comfort. I would rather have my stuffed skunk but what can you do.

We light some candles and turn out the lights.

"Is that all really necessary? i mean do you want to die?" I ask incredulously.

They just roll there eyes and continue getting set up.

"Fanfrickentastic. I come here thinking, its only one night what could go wrong and now im here probably about to die or be haunted for the rest of my life." I state.

"Don't get your panties in a twist love, jace is the one asking a question not you." Darren says.

"Alright you guys ready?" Jace asks.

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Ok lets do this."

Clearly he doesn't understand what no means.

He takes a deep breath before putting his hands on the centre piece, darren follows his actions and now they just wait for me.

Should i really do this? I mean theres been so many stories of these things going wrong..

Its all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

Or a ghost gets involved.

Or an evil spirit.

Or the devil.

Or a demon.

Or-

"Beatie, put your hands on it!" Jace says.

Ok ok i can do this, stop being a scaredy cat!

"Okay?" Jace asks.

"Okay." I say and place my hands gently on it.

"What should i ask? Wait no i got it." Jace says and closes his eyes.

"I bet you dont know what im afraid of." He says.

What? Thats not a question....

All of a sudden the piece starts moving.

"I swear if thats one of you two ill-

"Its not us." Darren says looking amazed.

"C" we say out loud as the piece spells something out.

"L"

"O"

"W"

"N"