Chapter 9: the secret

Well once we found a gas station for the bike we started our long ride home. We haven't said a single word to each other since this morning though.

Talk about awkward but honestly he just pisses me off and im not going to put up with it.

He wants to talk then he will.

Yes i want to talk to him, i want to say something but i will not give in.

Nope.

Once he pulled into his driveway i got off and handed him his helmet.

I look up to his face for the first time in a while and i notice the worry in his eyes.

As soon as he notices me looking it disappears and his face is a blank mask of no emotion.

"Why do you do that?" I ask a bit frustrated.

"Do what?"

"Be all fun then shut down and show no emotion!?" I say while crossing my arms.

"Why do you-

"JACE STRIPE BURtAMOUs!?! Where were you i had to make my own supper last night you inconsiderate waste of space!" A man yells from the door.

He looks like a older version of jace but much dirtier and scarier.

It must be his dad. I now realise why he was so worried... His dad is probably like mine or at least how my dad was.

"GET OVER HERE NOW!" He yells.

Gosh i dont wanna let Jace go into that.

"Jace why not just stay with me or-

"No. I have to go." He says before looking me in the eyes for a minute "dont tell anyone."

Then he walks away being pushed into the house as he walks by his dad.

My eyes start to water as i turn to go to my house. I wanna laugh at his last name but i also want to cry for not being able to help.

Im not sure what hes going through but i know its serious and i know why he was so worried.

I can barely hear the shouts from in his house as i enter mine.

Once i close the door behind me my mom bombards me with questions.

"Who was that? Why did you skip school? In what world would that be okay? Why did you do that? It was irresponsible and stupid! And another thing-

"MOM stop. Look im sorry ok? I didnt know their was going to be a storm. I didnt know i would be stuck out their for the night."

"Go to your room, we will talk later." She says before going back to the kitchen.

Ughh its not my fault all this happened! Its jace and Darren's fault. It was Darren that told me to meet them for lunch but then no he had to ditch and leave me with Jace.

I had fun but then now my mom is freaking out and Jace probably isnt haven't a good time either.

Maybe his dad was just in a bad mood... He had a beer in his hand and he looked drunk so maybe thats it. Although jace looked really worried so maybe not.

Ughh life sucks sometimes.

"Beatrice?" I hear a small cute voice say.

I look up to my door to find my little sister standing there.

"Hey sweetie." I say holding out my arms. "Shouldn't you be at day care?"

"Mommy said i couldnt go."