The Death of an Irishman (Prologue Part 1)

Jack's POV

It was sometime around August, when the leaves were beginning to change and the children were all heading back to school. That was the night I met a fan, and the night I should've died...

Y/N's POV

I was walking home from work. It was about 18:30, which was an unusual time for me to be walking home, but I had taken some overtime to finish a project I had recently started. I normally walked to and from work, because it's great exercise, but also because seeing the light filter through the trees is so pretty. It was late though, so rather than seeing the light dancing around leaves, I got to stare at the beautiful stars. I had brought some of my paperwork with me, because I was "supposed to go through this whole stack of paperwork" that wasn't even mine to deal with. I looked up at the stars for a minute while I was walking, and just as I looked down I smacked into a guy in front of me, dropping all of my papers.

"Oh no..." I got on my knees and tried to gather my papers. Why couldn't I have just watched where I was going? Now these are going to be crinkled and bent.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry," said an Irish voice that seemed familiar. An Irish voice in Brighton is unusual, but who was I to judge? "Here, let me help pick those up." The man got on his knees as well and helped pick up the papers, being careful not to bend them. How considerate of him.

"Thank you. I wasn't watching where I was going, it's my fault." We finally gathered all of the papers. I stood up to straighten the papers, and he stood as well. He went to hand the other papers to me, and I got a good look at him. What I saw startled me enough to drop my papers again.

"Oh god, I crashed into Jacksepticeye." I began to blush from the embarrassment of crashing into my idol, then from saying something so embarrassing in front of the Irishman.

Jack laughed. "Don't worry about it. I'm just a normal person. I'm not gonna sue you for an accident." Jack went to shake my hand. "Jack. Obviously. And you?"

"Y/N." As I shook his hand, I noticed that we're about the same height. I was only a couple of inches shorter, max. "I just wanted to say thank you for being such a kind person. Not to speak for all of us, but it's one of the things that keeps people watching your channel." I smiled. "Plus your loud Irish voice," I added.

Jack pretended to be offended. "My voice isn't that loud," he half-yelled. I couldn't help but laugh at his antics. He continued to basically shout about how there are tons of things louder than him, and went to name a few. By the end of this it had been a good ten to fifteen minutes.

"Well, I hate to end the fun, but I kinda have to finish this paperwork," I said, still giggly from earlier. We said goodbye and I continued my walk home.

"Y/N?" Jack called me. I turned around. "That's the direction you came from," he laughed as I realized that this is in fact where I had just came from. I headed back towards Jack, and home, waving goodbye one last time.

Jack's POV

As I continued my walk I smiled. That probably made her day. I passed by an alleyway, but as I walked someone grabbed me and pulled me in, pressing me against the wall. I shouted and struggled to get out of the most likely masculine grip. I stopped struggling at the feeling of a knife in my side. I felt the blood leak out from my side as my strength began to slip away. I slid to the floor as my knees gave way, and blood pooled around me as my vision slowly faded to black...