Omissions

Day 1

Y/N's POV

I woke up in a bed that was not my own. Of course, having just woken up, I was confused and afraid, not recognizing my surroundings. Then, as any stereotypical wake-up scene, all of the memories of yesterday came flooding back. The sudden teleportation from right within my front door to Jack's house, the room of pure white, and being led into Jack's bedroom as he went to sleep on the couch. I had tried to convince him otherwise, but with the time of night and everything that had happened I hadn't been mentally there enough to argue efficiently. I ran my hands down my face slowly. How am I going to hide this from him for so long? I had basically signed up to letting an extremely kind person watch me die slowly. I decided to think about it later in the day, after I was cognitive enough to think properly. I exited the room and wandered the house, trying to find Jack. Smelling coffee, I wandered my way into the kitchen to find Jack taking a cup out of the Keurig.

"Hi..." I said awkwardly. Jack turned around suddenly, spilling hot coffee on his toes. He winced, then smiled at me. The fact that he was still completely white was unnerving. It really made him look like a ghost.

"Top of the morning." Jack chuckled slightly, then set down his cup of coffee to grab some paper towels. "Sleep okay?" He asked, surprising me. I had been expecting more serious questions, rather than a standard question you'd ask a guest.

I shook my head in disbelief. "I slept just fine," I said, laughing some as well. "How about you? You were just... well, you know." I hesitated to say it, incase it triggered something. As to what I was worried it would trigger, I didn't know. To my surprise, Jack's smile didn't disappear.

"Brutally murdered? I have very little memory of the pain, so it isn't really emotionally traumatizing, but it's given me a much better outlook on life so far, seeing as I was dead literally hours ago, and still kinda am." Jack's smile faded a bit, then brightened again. "But to be given another chance like this is such an honor. I plan to live it out to the best of my ability." (how am I supposed to know what he'd say here. This is just a guess because of his personality and how he isn't really the type that brags) Jack then lifted up his cup of coffee again. "Starting with his." He took a loud slurp, causing me to laugh again.

"Well, have fun with your coffee," I said teasingly. "Meanwhile, I am going to make some Eggs in a Basket (see pic if you don't know what these are. They're delicious and go by quite a few different names)." I take out some eggs and butter from the fridge, then look for the bread.

"Yes please." Jack walked over to his pantry, grabbing the bread out for me. After buttering four bread slices, I found a cabinet with cups in it and grabbed some of the smaller ones, pressing holes into the bread and saving the circles of bread for later. Flopping them onto a pan Jack put on the stove, I cracked four eggs and poured (?) them in the center of the holes, then waited for them to cook enough to flip.

Around 15 minutes later

With breakfast done, I followed Jack to the table, sitting down across from him. As we ate, I noticed Jack seemed to want to say something, but didn't seem to know how to bring it up. "Jack," I said, making him look at me. "Just ask the question." He looked shocked for a second, then looked down at his food, shaking his head and laughing.

"That easy to read, am I?" Jack said jokingly. He then let loose the questions he had. "So, um, how long is it going to take?" He started, reasonably. "Are we able to contact anyone while we're here? Can other people even see us? And why are you here? I'm the one who died. How does this affect you?" That was a question I had been dreading. How am I supposed to lie about that?

"Well," I began, "the Maragret person said it would take 14 days from midnight, so this is day 1. Although we still have WiFi and stuff, we can't actually contact anyone during this time period, and no one can enter or leave this house. Including us." I took a bite of food, giving me time to make up an excuse. After swallowing, I continued. "And since I'm the last person you interacted with, I get to entertain you. Be the human interaction you would normally have during this time. After all, if a person doesn't have human interaction for a long enough period of time, he, she, or they will go crazy. And that rate varies depending on the person." I went back to eating my food, having explained everything Maragret had told me. It was all technically true. I was there to keep him company, and people do go insane when left alone long enough. The only thing he doesn't know is that after he comes back to life, I will cease to exist.

Jack contemplated the information for a bit. "That all makes logical sense," he said after a while. "Why were our bodies in that room?" I froze, remembering what Maragret told me.

"He'll probably ask why your bodies are in here. The truthful reason is that you can't bring a body back to life. So I need to reshape your body into his, and his into yours. What you can tell him is that his body needs repair, and yours needs maintenance." Maragret said to me. I was quite shocked. Reshaping our bodies?

"Are you even human?" I whispered accidentally. Maragret chuckled, shaking her head.

"Nope. Not at all. How else am I supposed to remove your spirit from your body?" Maragret frowned. "Catching Jack's soul was the hard part. For a guy that loves his life so much, he sure was fast in his rise to heaven." Probably because he's such a good guy, I thought, forgetting she could read my mind. "You would know. You basically stalk him." Maragret teased. I blushed. I do not! I didn't dare say the words out loud, incase Jack heard me. "Right..." The woman smiled knowingly. I-

"Y/N?" Jack asked, startling me. I nearly choked on my food, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, sorry." I said, blushing once more. "Got lost in my thoughts," I mumbled. "Anyways, you have a big stab wound in your side, so she has to heal that up, and I'm still living, so my body needs maintenance. If it jut sat there on the floor for two weeks, I'd die of starvation." I paused for a moment. "Nope, dehydration would get to me first." I looked at Jack, who seemed shocked. He then burst into laughter. "What's so funny?" I said, suddenly defensive.

Jack stops laughing for a moment. "I just..." he stopped and caught his breath. "I didn't expect such a logical answer!" Jack went back to laughing. I continued to blush even more. By now I was probably as red as a cherry.

"Well I'll have you know I am a very logical person!" I said, then pouted and looked away. Wow, very tsundere of you, Y/N. I went back to eating my food, and finished. Jack finished as well, then stood.

"Well, since you're stuck here for a bit, let me give you a proper house tour!" Jack held out his hand, and of course I grabbed it. It was such a cliché scene, but I couldn't help but enjoy it while it lasted.

Such a cliché scene, in such a twisted circumstance.

Author human here! Hi. So. This is the first time I've officially addressed the audience. I hope you guys are liking everything so far! I'll be using some of my own personal stories for Day 2. For reasons you will discover then. Also all of these updates literally didn't take me more than a day (including this one technically, because I started this one late at night due to boredom and fell asleep while writing). I meant to update last weekend but I was busy, but I'm planning to update every weekend. Anyways, thank you!

- a human

P.S. Yes I did edit this chapter. No it's not a new update. I update on weekends. I discussed this.