Two truths

Y/N's POV

Morning 2

I woke up a bit earlier today to make breakfast, then realized that I actually didn't have a change of clothes. Thoughts of what to do dissipated however when I saw a set of clothes on the nightstand, as well as a note.

Hey, you might need some proper clothes! Don't worry, I've filled the dresser with clothes that will fit you. I'm not gonna choose an outfit for you everyday. That'd be a bit weird...
- Maragret

I was astonished. Where did she get these? I then remembered she willed into existence an extra room in Jack's house. She did say she wasn't human. I changed, then headed downstairs to make some food. Grabbing some bacon from the freezer, then grabbing eggs, flour, and other ingredients, (IVE NEVER MADE PANCAKES FROM SCRATCH DONT JUDGE ME) I began to make pancakes. I then made a cup of coffee for Jack, and a drink for me as well. Jack came down the stairs just as I had finished up the first batch of pancakes.

"Oh, hey, Jack." I said. "I made some pancakes. I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, no, it's fine." Jack replied. "I don't cook often, so it's nice to have something other than cereal for a change." I laughed. It was pretty relatable, but I had to tease him a bit.

"Don't you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day?" I scolded him, waving the spatula I was holding at him. "If you don't eat your breakfast you won't grow big and strong." I tried not to laugh while saying it, but Jack's response threw me over the edge.

"But mom," Jack whined, stretching out the last word. We both burst into laughter. Jack calmed down and took a breath, then frowned and said "I think your pancakes are burning, Y/N." I gasped, then turned around. Sure enough, there was a giant charred spot on the bottom of my pancake.

"Great. Now I'm short a pancake." I took the whole pan and slid the pancake into the trash can.

After Breakfast

We had just finished eating, and the dishes were put away, when Jack said "Let's play a game." I looked at him for a minute, and then Jack thought about what he said. "Ok, yeah, that sounds wrong. I mean a game to learn more about each other." Jack then frowned. "Is there no way to say this in a way that doesn't sound wrong?! I mean two truths and a lie." I giggled, finding his struggling funny.

"Sure that's what you meant." I say, unable to hide the giant smile on my face. Jack groaned as I continued to laugh. After I had calmed down, we began. It started with common things, that anyone would know about his, her, or their friend.

"My favorite color is red, my favorite game is The Last Gaurdian, and..." Jack hesitated, thinking. "My hair has been blue before."

"Cheater!" Jack looked at me in surprise. "There's two lies in that list." Jack got defensive.

"I swear on Sam's life there is not a second lie in that set." Jack crossed his arms. I grumbled, not agreeing with the statement, then thought. I know for a fact Jack has never dyed his hair blue before, but Jack's favorite game is Shadow of the Colossus. I thought for a couple of minutes, then responded, very annoyed.

"Your hair was blue." Jack smirked, a sure sign I had failed. I grabbed a throw pillow off of his couch and threw it at him. "YOU HAVE NEVER ONCE DYED YOUR HAIR BLUE! HOW IS THAT NOT A LIE?!" I yelled at him.

"Ah-ah-ah." Jack pointed at me. "I never specified that I dyed it blue. One of my hair dyes faded into a blue color over time. That was before I re-dyed it back to brown." I huffed at his trickery.

"It's still not fair," I mumbled. Jack laughed at my unsportsmanlike behavior. We continued the game, and after a couple of hours, we had gotten into some really crazy stories.

"My favorite Jacksepticeye video of all time is the Sarah is Missing video, the first time I went ice skating I broke my arm, and..." I paused to give the appearance that I was thinking up a lie. There was no chance in hell he would get this. "When I was three, I covered the walls of my house with chocolate syrup." (All of these are true. Just not all of them are true for reader.) Jack looked disbelieving.

"There's no fucking way you covered the walls in syrup." Jack said, almost yelling. I smiled. As I had thought, Jack had gotten it wrong. "WHAT?!" Jack was yelling now. I began to laugh. "HOW. IN THE WORLD. DID YOU COVER THE WALLS IN CHOCOLATE SYRUP?!" I laughed even harder.

"I don't know!" I cried out. "Do you think you make memories at the age of three? You don't start making memories till at least four!" Jack was fuming. He then thought for a second.

"So which one was the lie?" Jack asked. I was still out of breath from laughing so hard, so Jack waited a bit, then repeated the question. "What was the lie?"

"I've never been ice skating before, so I couldn't have broken my arm while ice skating." I said calmly. Jack looked surprised.

"You've never been ice skating before?" I shook my head. It wasn't something I was interested in when I was younger, and now that I was an adult, I didn't really have the time to go out and do something like that. "Remind me to take you after all this is over." I frowned a bit, but hid it quickly.

"Yeah, that'd be fun," I smiled, knowing that after this I wouldn't be able to see Jack again, let alone go ice skating with him. I then noticed something I hadn't before. "Hey Jack, your hair is starting to regain its color." Jack looked surprised, then tried to pull a piece of hair down low enough to look at.

"This is great, Y/N!" Jack hugged me. I froze in surprise. "I'm going to be alive again in no time!" I smiled sadly and hugged him back.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, but Jack didn't notice. At least Jack could live on.

Our lives were on a seesaw. And Jack's end was going up.

Hello again! Author human here. I just gained a lot of leeway in what Jack and Y/N could do during this period, so if you guys want any scenes or anything in here, I'd be willing to put them in. They just can't involve other people in any way. This isn't me saying I have no ideas. I have plenty of ideas. It's just that with what I have planned, I still have enough space for a lot of other stuff. Comment below if you wanna see anything!

- a human