Pool Day

Y/N's POV

Day 5

Going four days without having to go to work feels weird for everyone, and I woke up this morning to hear Jack shouting his intro from the other room. I got dressed, then made my way over to Jack's recording room, opening the door. Jack spun around in his chair, surprised to hear his door open. Relief shone on his face, followed by realization.

"I completely forgot I couldn't upload," Jack said, rubbing the back of his neck. He shut down his computer, turned off his camera, and stood up. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

I shook my head. "Just woke up. French toast?" Jack smiled, nodding in agreement, and off we went.

___

After we finished breakfast, there was a bit of a lull, where we didn't really know what to do. It was a hot day, too, so we were sitting on the couch, sweating miserably. After a while Jack said "I should really get a pool. It would make this weather so much more bearable."

Maragret walked into the room, acting like a man on a mission. Well, a woman on a mission. "It is too fucking hot to sit around all day. Come on, guys." And with that she opened a newly-created door, walking into yet another room that had never existed. Jack, once again not hearing a thing Maragret said, waited for me to explain.

"I think Maragret might have a solution to our heat problem. Come on." And with that I got up, walking over to the door Maragret had recently created. Opening the door, I stepped inside, Jack close behind.

There before us was an indoor swimming pool, with multiple cool features. On one end there was a crazy water slide, spiraling around and even making a loop before crashing into the pool. On the other side there was a gentle waterfall splashing into the water, giving the whole place a relaxing vibe. There were some alcoves along the sides where the water was bubbling, and a section that was raised above the main pool's water level that I could only assume was a hot tub. The pool itself cycled through the colors of the rainbow, dyed by LEDs in the walls and floor of the pool. As I took everything in, Jack suddenly said "Last one in's a rotten spud," darting to his room.(I typed darting and autocorrect changed it to farting. Why must you do this to me.)

"Hey! Cheater!" I said, running after the YouTuber. No way in hell I'm losing this race.

___

Due to the ease of the male swimsuit and the fact that I started late, Jack won the race with minutes to spare. "Jackaboy 1, Y/N 0!"

I splashed the Irishman in the face, initiating a splash-fest that slowly morphed into a game of Marco Polo due to the fact that we couldn't see half the time. Meanwhile Maragret was chilling in the hot tub.

"Marco!" I was wandering around blindly, arms extended to increase my range.

"Hey Y/N, I found something cool!" I heard Jack's voice dimly over the waterfall. Opening my eyes, I saw the waterfall, but no Jack. As I looked around, a hand suddenly extended from the waterfall, and as I looked closer I saw an outline of Jack on the other side. Taking his hand, I let him pull me into a small cave hidden behind the waterfall.

The cave was dark, but white LEDs underneath the water provided enough light to see. The light moving through the water gave the walls and ceiling of the cave a beautiful rippling pattern, changing as the water moved. The sound of the waterfall echoed through the cave, adding to the beauty of the scene. "It's so pretty," I breathed, not wanting to disturb the serenity of the place.

As we stared at the ceiling, I began to notice how close I was to Jack. If I moved a couple of inches closer, I'd just about...

"Y/N?" I snapped out of my daydream. I had subconsciously moved closer, and Jack noticed. I hurriedly backed up, avoiding his stare.

"U-um... we should probably get back. Maragret's probably looking for us by now." I ducked out of the cave awkwardly, not knowing how to handle the situation I was put in.

Had I known Jack felt the same, I would've kissed him then and there.

AGHHHHHHHHHHH. I was supposed to post this over a WEEK ago. I wrote it in the middle of the night and I was waiting until morning to post it and I just kept forgetting. Plus I don't really feel that this was a good chapter. It feels like it needs a good bit of fixing. I also have to get more comfortable with leaving only dialogue in a paragraph. When I do that I tend to feel guilty about it, but it helps the flow when it's done right. Plus, everything I've written so far I've had NO GODDAMN EXPERIENCE IN. Other than the ice skating, but I broke my wrist, so that doesn't count.

On the plus side, I recently watched "Ready Player One," and now I have to go find the book, so.

Also I tend to leave my sentences off with words like "but" and "so", and it's mostly because I either a) can't find the words to explain what I wanna say, or b) think that what I'm saying is obvious or easy to generalize. So if you ever feel one of these sentences need explaining, just ask!

Also, I'm doing a really weird thing for the X-men character Nightcrawler, aka Kurt Wagner. So if you wanna read that I'll have that chapter out right after this. It also needs a name, but oh well.

How many of you guys actually read these? Should I even bother with them?

I'm talking too much now. Bye guys!

-a human