A Walk in the Park

Y/N's POV

Afternoon 3

It was early afternoon, and I was staring out the window, watching the trees move in the wind. It was peaceful, and reminded me of some good memories I had back when I walked home from work. I thought about the last time I actually walked through a park, and realized it had been a couple of years. All this time, I had no time to actually go out for a walk. "Well, do you want to?" I jumped as Maragret once again appeared at my side.

"Don't you know it's rude to sneak up on people? Or read their thoughts?" I sighed as Maragret shrugged. "Well, it would be nice to take a walk in the park one last time." Maragret brightened as she clapped her hands together.

"That can be arranged," Maragret said, disappearing to who-knows-where. A moment later she walked back over to me, Jack following close behind. Seeing my questioning look, Maragret motioned me closer, then said "Simple hand gestures work no matter what."

"So why am I out here?" Jack questioned, not knowing why Maragret had brought him out of wherever he just was. His eyes then widened, and I turned around to see what he was staring at. Before me was a new door, one that I was completely sure wasn't there before. I opened the door to reveal a beautiful scene.

The door opened out to an expanse of trees, leaves in multiple shades of red, orange, and yellow, with light filtering through the breaks in the canopy of branches. A light wind blew, rustling the leaves and blowing around my hair as I stepped outside. The soil beneath my bare feet was soft, cushioning them as I walked. Jack followed close behind, amazed at the scene that had appeared out of nowhere. I turned to Maragret. "Thank you," I whispered, knowing she would hear me. She nodded as I turned back to the trees.

Jack's POV

I didn't bother to question how Maragret made a door in the middle of my wall, seeing as she had already made two others. What bothered me was how this wasn't considered leaving the house. My questions evaporated as I remembered that greenhouses and other things were technically considered indoors, and I walked with Y/N in this beautiful landscape. She seemed fascinated by the leaves, as she was basically looking up the whole time. After a long moment of silence, Y/N whispered "it's all so beautiful." I saw her face as she said it. It was lit up so brightly that the sun didn't compare, and the wonder in her eyes was deeper than the deepest ocean.

"It definitely is," I said, no longer paying attention to the scenery around me. All my eyes took in was Y/N. Her smile, her hair, even the reflection of the scenery around her that shone in her eyes.

Maybe if I payed attention to the scenery, I wouldn't've fallen for her.