Bake-cident...On Purpose

Y/N's POV

Afternoon 4

Ignoring the events from this morning, I removed a baking pan, some non-stick cooking spray, and essential cake ingredients from the various cabinets and drawers in Jack's kitchen, as well as the fridge, of course, because who can make cake without eggs?! Though you could probably make a cake with an egg substitute, but who would do such a thing? I mean, unless you were allergic to eggs. Is there even such a thing as being allergic to eggs? There probably is. There's normally warning labels on items that say "contains: eggs," aren't there? Those things are normally used for allergies and intolerances, like for lactose-intolerant people. Or people with peanut allergies. I know quite a few people that have peanut allergies. I wonder what it's like to be allergic to peanuts. It's probably-

"I found the aprons." I almost shrieked as Jack startled me from behind, holding two aprons by the neck. (Because aprons totally have necks. Good going, John(stupid nickname I kept. I'm FEMALE FOR CHRISTS SAKE(this is why I chose my crazy life plans though...oh well(is this too many parentheses within parentheses?(I think these parentheses make up the majority of this paragraph)))))

"Don't do that!" I said, lightly slapping his arm with the back of my hand. Where the heck did my thoughts go earlier? It literally went from cake to peanut allergies. Removing a bowl from another cabinet, I set everything on the counter. "Ready to make this cake?"

"Yup." Jack grabbed the flour, opening the bag. He then proceeded to dump the flour into the bowl, causing a cloud of flour to cover our faces in white.

I was astonished, but it quickly dissolved into anger when I saw the Irishman grinning with satisfaction. "Why you...!" I took a handful of flour and threw it at him, covering him in white from head to toe. He responded with sugar and eggs, and soon it was an all-out food fight. Maragret even joined in when she saw what was going on. By the end, the room was covered in white cooking materials and egg yolks, and there wasn't anything left for a singular cookie, let alone a cake. The three of us were all covered in a combination of the mess we made, leaving only areas covered by clothes untouched by sugar, flour, eggs, or otherwise.

What I failed to notice was that some of the flour covered up an almost invisible camera lens hidden in a pen on the table.

So how you guys liking things? Don't worry, this isn't just gonna leave you here. I'll leave you on a more drastic cliffhanger than this. Because, my friends...TODAY IS A DOUBLE UPDATE!!!! That's right. I've been feeling really bad about neglecting this story for a while, so I've thoroughly written the next two snippets of this work. This isn't signaling an ending to our really long hiatus though... I just really feel bad for leaving this like this for so long, and I was planning on staying up all night tonight(well, June 27th into June 28th) anyways, so I spent all of tonight writing these two parts for you guys! (After watching some YouTube videos I had downloaded.) Also, the thought stream that was in the first paragraph? That's a small snippet of how my mind works at times! It takes a bit to remember where I started my train of thought normally, so I try and stay on the one topic for as long as I can before switching to something else, but sometimes my thought process divides into two separate branches and if I follow one I'll lose track of the other and... I'm fucking complicated. That's all I have to say. Anyways, that's it for this chapter! See you in...a few minutes, I guess. I'm writing both of these one after the other, after all. So have a nice day!

- a human