The Seventh Day

Y/N's POV

Day 7

By the end of today, Jack should be fully revived. By tomorrow, I should be going through the opposite. I was on my bed, thinking about the future and what was going to happen. It definitely wouldn't've been the first time I worried about this, either. Jack's revival and my impending doom were on my mind most days, there to ruin my mood whenever I let my thoughts wander. Jack would be devastated to learn he caused my death. I definitely couldn't tell him now though. He'd worry about it the rest of the time we're here, and then we'd be worse off than when we started. At least he wasn't suffering...

"And why are you so worried about his feelings?" Like before, Maragret had popped in, interrupting my thoughts and diverting them from their original topic.

"He's another human being. Of course I would worry about him. He's important to..." me. He's important to me. "...a lot of people. He shouldn't have to be emotionally unstable because of me." He deserved to live on with a clear conscience. I shouldn't have to weigh him down like that.

"Sounds to me like you have a crush on little ol' Jackipoo." Maragret smirked.

"What?! No! I don't like him! He's just a friend! Jack's just kind and loud and idiotic and cute and..." I slowed to a halt, seeing Maragret's grin grow wider. "Fuck. I'm in deep, aren't I?" Maragret smirked once more. I was puzzled for a moment, but then I realized how what I had said could have been taken. "Shut up, you dirty-minded spirit thing! You know I didn't mean it like that." Maragret laughed as I began to blush heavily, turning redder than Jackaboy Man's suit. This spirit is gonna kill me before... well, before she kills me literally, I guess.

"You know, I haven't had this much fun with a situation like this since 1776. Those were some crazy times for America, you know? Throwing that tea in the harbor... That was some crazy shit." Maragret laughed. "You guys went and defied a national superpower. What the hell were you thinking?"

I stared at her, astonished. "You've been alive for that long?"

"Well, yeah. I'm not human. I've been alive basically since you humans were still in your beginning stages of having souls." Maragret shook her head. "Jesus, don't you know anything about spirits?"

"Ughhh." I left the room, walking off to... somewhere. Accidentally coming across the front door, I tried to open it just to get repelled by an unknown force. "I am tired of being cooped up in this house!" I yelled throughout the house, annoyed at being stuck in a situation with other humans. And not humans. I was annoyed at my feelings, at my situation, at my impending doom... basically anything you can think of.

What do you do when you have a week to live? What exactly can you do?

Yes I know I've been gone for a while. Yes I said this was going to be out sooner than this. I'm sorry.
-a human